I have the Sony e-reader. It is a very basic one that doesn't work like an ipad like many of the others. It is basically used to just read books, not surf the internet or watch movies. Although, it does have wi-fi on it so I can purchase books or get free ones from my library whenever I want. It is a very simple e-reader. I like that it is so simple because I just use it for books, which is what it is meant to be used for anyway, right?
- It is light and easy to carry with me wherever I go, especially on trips.
- When I go somewhere I have the option of reading many different books all on one device. I no longer have to pack two books in my bag in case I finish one. Instead my e-reader has multiple books on it. I think it holds like 1,000 books.
- I can purchase a new book the second it comes out. I don't have to wait until the book store opens the next morning.
- The books are cheaper to buy, although not always much cheaper.
- I can rent books from the library even when they are closed.
- It doesn't have that new and old book smell.
- Sometimes I really miss holding an actual book in my hand. That is why that even though I have the e-reader I still buy old school hardcover and paperback books.
- I can't display my e-books on a shelf.
- Always having access to buy books in the palm of my hand can get expensive.
As you can see, sometimes I love my e-reader and sometimes I don't. All in all, I'm glad I have the e-reader for trips and instant new-release purchases, but it doesn't keep me from still buying actual books.
What do you think? Do you have an e-reader and if so do you love it? If you don't have one would you ever consider buying one? Please leave your comments below. I can't wait to see what other readers have to say on this topic, plus I'm sure I've forgotten to touch on some things in this post.