Most of these I have read, or I have heard great things about them from family and friends.
To make shopping even easier, if you click the title of the book it will bring you to the Barnes and Noble website in case you want to find out more about the book or purchase it!
Book Gift Ideas for:
- Up and Down by: Oliver Jeffers
- A penguin and his best friend try to figure out how the penguin can fly, he does have wings after all.
- Miss Nelson is Missing by: Harry G. Allard Jr.
- An evil substitute teacher makes the kids miss their regular teacher.
- The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide by: Stephenie Meyer
- Everything you would want to know about the Twilight series written by the original author.
- True Blood: Eats, Drinks, and Bites from Bon Temps by: Gianna Sobol, Alan Ball, Karen Sommer Shalett, Marcelle Beinenu, Alex Farnum
- A cookbook with recipies True Blood fans will love.
- Confessions of a Scary Mommy by: Jill Smokler
- A collection of essays that tell real stories of real moms that they wouldn't normally admit to.
- Survival Mom by: Lisa Bedford
- "How to prepare your family for everyday disasters and worst-case scenarios."
- Super Freakonomics by: Steven D. Levitt
- A funny and interesting take on economics.
- Batman and Philosophy: The Dark Knight of the Soul by: Mark D. white
- An interesting take on Batman and a different way to look at the superhero.
- Bared To You by: Sylvia Day
- Eva falls for the very rich Gideon, both have messed up pasts, and both struggle to keep up a steamy relationship.
- The Choice by: Nicholas Sparks
- "How far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?"
The Harry Potter Fan:
- Quidditch Through The Ages by: J.K. Rowling
- A guide to teach you all about Quidditch.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by: J.K. Rowling and Newt Scamander
- An A to Z listing of magical beasts found in Harry Potter World.
The How I Met Your Mother Fan:
The Young Adult:
- The Scorpio Races by: Maggi Stiefvater
- The ultimate race where people ride water horses for a big prize, some live and some die.
- Insurgent by: Veronica Roth
- The sequel to Divergent, a war is on its way.
- My Sisters The Saints by: Colleen Carroll Campbell
- "A poignant and powerful spirtual memoir about how the lives of saints changed the life of a modern woman."
- Chicken Soup for the Soul - Answered Prayers by: Jack Canfield, Mark Hansen, and LeAnn Thieman
- "101 stories of hope, miracles, faith, divine intervention, and the power of prayer."
The Girly Girl:
The Dog Lover:
- Underwater Dogs by: Seth Casteel
- Very interesting and comical photographs of dogs underwater.
- The Art of Racing in the Rain by: Garth Stein
- A very rich novel from the view point of a dog.
- Extra Lives: Why Video Games Matter by: Tom Bissell
- An obsessive gamer that ctitiques and explains the importance of video games in an intriguing way.
- Ready Player One by: Earnest Cline
- Yup, a guy goes into a virtual reality and tries to win the ultimate prize that no one has been able to claim for years.
- Reporting the Revolutionary War by: Todd Andrlik
- Essays and authentice newspapers, what more could a history buff want?
- April 1865: The Month That Saved America by: Jay Winik
- Pretty self-explanatory.
- Seriously I'm Kidding by: Ellen Degenerous
- It's Ellen and she is hilarious, what is there to lose?
- America Again by: Stephen Colbert
- "Re-becoming the greatness we never weren't."
The Bride to Be:
The Sports Guy:
- Coaching Confidential: Inside the Fraternity of NFL Coaches by: Gary Myers
- Full of interviews with current and former head coaches.
- Bottom of the 33rd by: Dan Barry
- "Hope, Redemption, and Baseball's Longest Game."
- The Homemade Pantry by: Alana Chernila
- "101 foods you can stop buying and start making."
- Barefoot Contessa Foolproof by: Ina Garten
- An experienced chef gives you simple to prepare but delicious all the same recipes.
If there are any other book suggestions you want to see just let me know! I'm sure I could come up with a lot more. I was just recently at Barnes and Noble and found so many good books!