All Our Yesterdays by: Cristin Terrill (2013)
Genre: YA/Sci-Fi/Time Travel
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Source: The Library
So because I’ve waited so long to write this review after I read the book I’m having a hard time coming up with things to say even with my notes. Therefore, because of that little problem and since I don’t want to give away any spoilers I’m just going to break it down into a little list of what I did and didn’t like.
What I Liked
- It starts off strong. I got pulled into the story early on and I couldn’t climb back out, nor did I want to.
- I love the time travel. It’s done exceptionally in All Our Yesterdays!
- The author does an amazing job with the descriptions of pretty much everything and everyone.
- Yes, yes, yes to all the action!
- The characters are rather unique and pretty memorable. The friendships, the crushes, and the awkwardness is above par. All the characters are guaranteed to make you feel something toward them, but Finn is my favorite.
What I Didn't Like
- All Our Yesterdays was a tad bit confusing at times, but the ending was the most confusing. I may love time travel, but sometimes it can be frustrating.
- It was a little too predictable for the most part and pretty easy to guess what was coming, but given that I was fully shocked near the end made up for this.
I recommend this to anyone looking for a unique young adult novel, especially those of you who love time travel.