Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
I am a huge fan of shoving my favorite books at people and this week's awesome topic lets me do just that! I did end up only doing 10 books even though my heart called for 15. I was trying not to cheat this time around. Without further ado, in no particular order, here are my favorite reads of the year so far!
2. Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby - Yes.
3. Torn Away by Jennifer Brown - Talk about tragedy, hope, and what it really means to loose everything.
4. The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas - I was worried this sequel wouldn't be as good as the first book. I was worried for no reason.
5. Salt and Stone by Victoria Scott - Why yes, I do love it when people compete in a competition and have to fight to survive, especially if there are adorable animals involved (obviously I don't like the animals getting hurt part, but their adorableness).
7. The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson - Give me more!
8. Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot- I missed Mia and the Princess Diaries gang like crazy. It was worth the wait.
9. The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh - Hands down this is one of the best re-tellings I have ever encountered. Talk about a swoon worthy forbidden romance.
10. El Deafo by CeCe Bell - This may be a graphic novel but that shouldn't keep you away from giving it a try. It was humorous, heartbreaking, and perfect.