October 16, 2014

Review: Anna and The French Kiss by: Stephanie Perkins

Anna and the French Kiss (#1) by: Stephanie Perkins (Dec. 2010)
372 pages
Genre: Young Adult/Romance
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Source: The Library
Purchase: Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository | Amazon
Goodreads Summary: Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets Étienne St. Clair. Smart, charming, beautiful, Étienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?

My Review

Why did I choose to read Anna and the French Kiss after all of this time? Well, apparently every other person LOVES it hardcore and I was starting to feel left out. I wanted to know why everyone was all

Therefore, I decided to take the plunge and see what all the hype was about. I don't regret it. I immediately found the main character Anna to be really down to earth and pretty cool.

So it started out fine. I liked Anna and everything was going pretty good, and then the first cliche thing happened and I got scared. I got really nervous that the whole book was going to be one big annoying romantic cliche and that I wouldn't like it. I became nervous of being the only one not to like this book. I felt a little something like this.

BUT I kept reading. Then at about 50 pages in I felt my mood towards this book take a turn, for the better. Anna and the French Kiss made me laugh, and I love a book that can make me laugh.

I started to like the characters more and more. I LOVED the setting and getting to see Anna explore Paris along with St. Clair. I was really liking it. In fact, I was finding the whole thing to be cute, fun, and everything you would want in a romance novel. Not to mention I may have been crushing on St. Clair.

Then I started to get antsy. Would these two ever actually end up together? I figured that they would, but still. I was getting tired of the whole "will they won't they" scenario.

Yet I still couldn't stop enjoying Anna and her adventure in Paris. When I finally finished reading...

It's easy for me to see why everyone loves Anna and the French Kiss. I ended up enjoying it a great deal. So far I have liked what Stephanie Perkins has written and I look forward to reading the next two books in this trilogy. To all of those who haven't read this book yet (so the one or two of you) I suggest you give it a try the next time you are in the mood for a cute and incredibly fun romance novel set in Paris, which I now want to visit.


3 comments:

  1. I admit that when I clicked on this review my inner monologue was something like omgihopekaylikedthisbookoriwontknowwhatiwilldo and immediately scrolled to your rating and breathed a huge sigh of relief before going back and reading your review WHICH IS A PERFECT PORTRAYAL OF THE FEELS IN THIS BOOK. I can't wait to see what you think of the next two books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO GLAD you got me to read this! It was such a fun book and I had fun writing the review! I definitely plan to read the next two soon. After I finish Ruin and Rising AND Chaos!! It came in at the library and is sitting on my shelf. Just sitting there.

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you liked this! In fact I was someone like you - who hasn't read this book that everyone seems to love! I am currently reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld because I feel like the person left out who hasn't read it. But yes, I think it's awesome that you enjoyed this so much and it was a lovely review. I have to make sure I read this one soon!

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/11/dnf-hilltop.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top