October 3, 2016

Review: It Ends With Us

It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover
373 pages
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Atria Books
Source: The library.
Purchase: Barnes & Noble | Amazon | The Book Depository
My Rating:
Goodreads Summary: Sometimes it is the one who loves you who hurts you the most.

Lily hasn’t always had it easy, but that’s never stopped her from working hard for the life she wants. She’s come a long way from the small town in Maine where she grew up—she graduated from college, moved to Boston, and started her own business. So when she feels a spark with a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, everything in Lily’s life suddenly seems almost too good to be true.

Ryle is assertive, stubborn, maybe even a little arrogant. He’s also sensitive, brilliant, and has a total soft spot for Lily. And the way he looks in scrubs certainly doesn’t hurt. Lily can’t get him out of her head. But Ryle’s complete aversion to relationships is disturbing. Even as Lily finds herself becoming the exception to his “no dating” rule, she can’t help but wonder what made him that way in the first place.

As questions about her new relationship overwhelm her, so do thoughts of Atlas Corrigan—her first love and a link to the past she left behind. He was her kindred spirit, her protector. When Atlas suddenly reappears, everything Lily has built with Ryle is threatened.

With this bold and deeply personal novel, Colleen Hoover delivers a heart-wrenching story that breaks exciting new ground for her as a writer. Combining a captivating romance with a cast of all-too-human characters, It Ends With Us is an unforgettable tale of love that comes at the ultimate price.

My Review

Although Maybe Someday is still my all time favorite Colleen Hoover novel, It Ends with Us is my new runner-up!

I had a million different feelings slap me across the face while reading It Ends with Us. The writing was fantastic. The characters memorable. The plot a little predictable, but intense. The tough subject matter was handled with frankness, heartache, care, and honesty. This story was so freaking real.

Lily is one amazing woman and a damn good main character. Lily had a tough childhood. So when she gets the chance she moves away to Boston where she makes her dream come true, while also battling her heart. I felt her love and pain. I wanted nothing more than for her to be happy. I too fell in love with Ryle just like Lily. I too wanted nothing more than for everyone in this story to have their happy endings, but I can't tell you if that happened or not without giving away the whole plot. Love, friendship, and families are a central part of this book, just like they are in life. My favorite character out of everyone has to be Ryle's sister, Lily's new friend. I hope you read the book so you can make a new friend too, because I know you will.

I don't have anything negative to say about this book. I absolutely loved It Ends with Us. It broke my heart and made me smile. I think it is a hard but important novel that everyone should read the next time they are in the right place of mind for something serious. 

2 comments:

  1. I felt conflicted about the two guys in the summary but it seems like I know who she ends up with. I am very curious about both Lily and Ryle's past and that title makes me wonder... This is a Colleen Hoover book so I'm not surprised you enjoyed the writing. Everyone seems to love her and what little I have read by her was enticing. Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her writing and this is a new favorite. It was a really hard book to read at times because of the subject matter, but she handled it so well and realistic.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top