January 6, 2019

Bout of Books Read-A-Thon: Sign-Up, Goals, & Updates

Grad school is done! That can only mean one thing... I can participate in the Bout of Books Read-A-Thon. It has been a long while since I participated in one of these. I am ready!

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 24 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

My Goals

Reading Goals
  • Read at least four books
  • Take notes while reading so I can write a decent review
Social Goals
  • Participate in one Twitter chat
  • Participate in some of the Instagram challenges
Book Options
  • Only a Breath Apart by Katie McGarry
  • The Wicked King by Holly Black
  • Unnatural Disasters by Jeff Hirsch
  • The Birds, The Bees, and You and Me by Olivia Hinebaugh
  • Woman World by Aminder Dhaliwal
  • Internment by Samira Ahmed

Updates

Monday
I started reading The Birds, The Bees, and You and Me by Olivia Hinebaugh.

Tuesday
Not a lot of reading today.

Wednesday
I finished The Birds, The Bees, and You and Me! I have read a total of 304 pages.

Thursday
I didn't have time to do anything for fun.

Friday
I started reading The Borden Murders by Sarah Miller.

Saturday
I had lots of family stuff today. No reading. :(

Sunday
I finished The Borden Murders! I have now read a total of 592 pages! Not the best, but not the worst.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still contemplating joining this. It's the start of a semester this week however, there seems to be only introductions to worry about. Is there any book on top of your list?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top