March 25, 2019

ARC Mini Review: My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing

My Lovely Wife by Samantha Downing (March 26, 2019)
Genre: Adult Psychological Thriller
Length: 359 pages
Publisher: Brekley Books
Source: The library I work at received an ARC from the publisher. This did NOT affect my honest review. Thank you Berkley!
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository
My Rating:
Goodreads Summary: Our love story is simple. I met a gorgeous woman. We fell in love. We had kids. We moved to the suburbs. We told each other our biggest dreams, and our darkest secrets. And then we got bored. We look like a normal couple. We're your neighbors, the parents of your kid's friend, the acquaintances you keep meaning to get dinner with. We all have secrets to keeping a marriage alive. Ours just happens to be getting away with murder.

My Review

When a couple murders together, they stay together?!?! My Lovely Wife is an enthralling contribution to the psychological thriller genre. It gives Gone Girl a run for its money. It has interesting characters I loved to hate, plenty of twists, is dark, disturbing, and will give you goosebumps. This debut author deserves some high praise for writing this wild unputdownable story. Even when I could predict a twist correctly, there would be an extra surprise, or two, or three, that I didn't see coming. My Lovely Wife may perhaps even make you second guess how really well you know the people in your life. This is a must-read thriller, and will probably make it on my best of 2019 list. What are you waiting for? Grab a copy and prepare to be shook.

If you liked My Lovely Wife try:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top