May 12, 2019

Bout of Books Read-A-Thon: Sign-up, Goals, & Updates

I can never say no to a Bout of Books read-a-thon! I went through a rough reading slump last month so I am hoping this read-a-thon will boost my reading numbers. I also wanted to participate in the 25infive read-a-thon, but work got in the way. Will you be participating in Bout of Books?
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly Rubidoux Apple. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, Twitter chats, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 25 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

My Goals

Reading Goals
  • Read at least four books
  • Take notes to help with reviews
Social Goals
  • Participate in one Twitter Chat
  • Participate in one Instagram Challenge
Book Options
  • The Bride Test by Helen Hoang - I pre-ordered this one and it is finally here!
  • Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - I don't think I really need to explain this choice.
  • Switchback by Danika Stone - I am participating in a blog to for this book.
  • We Are Displaced by Malala Yousafzai
  • The Storm Crow by Kalyn Josephson - I have an eARC.
  • Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel - I have owned this forever. It would go towards the Beat the Backlist challenge I am participating in.

Update

I read two and a half books during the Bout of Books read-a-thon! I finished Aurora Rising and The Unhoneymooners, and read most of Switchback. I enjoyed all the books, but I think The Unhoneymooners was my favorite! It was really fun read and perfect for the warmer weather we are finally getting. I didn't really participate in any challenges or chats, but I got some reading done which was my main goal.

My Bout of Books post on Instagram!


2 comments:

  1. I hope bout of books goes well for you! I haven't read any of those books but I am eagerly anticipating both The Bride Test and Aurora Rising. And both are getting outstanding reviews! My sister loved Station Eleven as well :)

    Olivia-S @ Olivia's Catastrophe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia! I enjoyed Aurora Rising a lot, but still have yet to read the others. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top