February 9, 2015

Review: The Accidental Assassin by Nichole Chase

The Accidental Assassin (The Assassins #1) by Nichole Chase (Nov. 2014)
354 pages
Genre: Adult/Romance
Source: I bought a copy for myself.
Goodreads Summary: Ava McKenzie is a creature of habit. Life is passing her by and she has nothing to show for it. She’s had the same job since she started college, she orders the same dish every time she goes to her favorite restaurant, and only reads books from authors she knows. There is nothing new or surprising in her life… until her best friend marries a man from London. When her newlywed friend asks her to house-sit while she honeymoons, Ava jumps at the chance. She thinks this could be the very thing she needs to shake up her life. Ava throws herself head first into her new lifestyle; she wants to try everything, go everywhere, and never get stuck in a rut again. Of course, offing a man in a car garage hadn’t been one of the things on her list to try.

Owen Walker spends every day in a new place with a new case. As one of the most renowned assassins in the world, he has his choice of marks—and he’s never failed in a mission. When a new hit takes him back to his hometown, he looks forward to spending time somewhere familiar. What he isn’t expecting is to help an attractive, confused American woman find out how she’s ended up on a hit man’s list.
As Ava and Owen dodge bullets, will they be able to escape their undeniable attraction to each other? Or will all of that chemistry blow up in a shower of hot and dangerous sparks?

MY REVIEW

Let’s talk about how much I enjoyed reading The Accidental Assassin shall we? I was never bored, usually laughing, and loving every second of my time with the loveable main characters.

Ava and Owen are a great couple who have a good amount of chemistry that I couldn’t get enough of. Ava is down to earth and pretty easy going. I love how she seems like a real person. She is trying to make something of life and live it to its fullest. Owen is an assassin, taking out only bad people, and is usually on his own. Then one day Owen and Ava’s worlds collide and Owen becomes less lonely, and Ava really begins to understand what it means to take risks and try new things. We get to watch these two find love while partaking in car chases, dodging bullets, and basically just trying to stay alive.

The Accidental Assassin is a unique romance full of action. I’m glad this book is part of a series, because I want some more assassins in my romance books! I was sad when the book was over because this book was just too much fun.

Basically I’m telling you to read this. The synopsis doesn't deceive. It is as good as it sounds.


6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. So much fun!!! I recommend it next time you are looking for a romance.

      Delete
  2. Kay, this sounds so fun and haven't read an assassin romanctic books lately! I think I'm going to hunt this one down and make sure it's on my tbr list. Plus, it's a new series and book one as well. A win-win right?
    Thanks for the great review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun! I hope you read it and love it. I would love to see what you think.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top