January 1, 2017

Bout of Books Read-A-Thon: Sign-up, Goals, & Updates

Well, I just can't say no to a Bout of Books read-a-thon! This challenge is perfect for me since this will be my last read-a-thon before I start classes for grad school. Let's see how many fun books I can read this week. If you haven't participated in Bout of Books before then you really should. It's fun, you set your own goals, and you can win prizes!

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 2nd and runs through Sunday, January 8th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 18 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

My Goals

Reading Goals
~ Read at least three books.
~ Write a review within 48 hours of completing a book.

Social Goals
~ Participate in one Twitter chat.
~ Participate in one mini challenge.
   - I did the Book Spine Poetry challenge on Instagram!

Some Reading Options
~ The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
~ To Stay Alive by Skila Brown
~ Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
~ Island of Glass by Nora Roberts


Updates

Monday
  • I read and finished The Hating Game! That put me at reading a total of 363 pages after day one.
Tuesday
  • I started reading Crooked Kingdom and read 50 pages. I have now read a total of 413 pages!
Wednesday
  • I didn't get far because of work. I only managed another 50 pages in Crooked Kingdom. I am sitting at a total of 463 pages.
Thursday
  • I read 100 pages today. I am at 563 pages total. I am hoping to finish Crooked Kingdom soon. Work is getting in the way.
Friday
  • I didn't have time to read today.
Saturday
  • I read another 100 pages in Crooked Kingdom. This book is killing me!
**Sunday (FINAL/TOTAL UPDATE)
  • I finished Crooked Kingdom! This means for Bout of Books I read a total of 909 pages. I think this is pretty good since I was so busy this week!

6 comments:

  1. Enjoy this last Bout of Books pre-grad school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine! I rad two books and feel good about it. :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you're having a lot of fun reading before you start grad school - it sounds like you're making amazing progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had fun and feel good about getting two books done, especially since one was rather long.

      Delete
  3. It looks like you've been having a great week so far! I hope you the rest of the week is just as productive and fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni! I am glad of how it turned out.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top