January 23, 2017

Mini Reviews: Crooked Kingdom, The Hating Game, Fate of Flames, & The Sun is Also a Star

Crooked Kingdom (#2) by Leigh Bardugo
Goodreads


WOW. I ended up liking Crooked Kingdom even more than Six of Crows. The characters! The scheming and plans! There is nothing not to love about this book. It was non-stop action, and I have so much love for these Characters. I laughed. I cried. I smiled. I cheered. I gasped. I can't believe I kept putting off reading this book. What is my deal? I a going to have to give this book the status of "probable reread." I am not going to lie, most of the time I was reading I just wanted to push all the couples faces together.


The Hating Game by Sally Thorne
Goodreads


The Hating Game is an almost perfect romance novel. If you are a fan of the hate to love romance trope then this book is for you. I adored Lucy and Joshua. I was rooting for them from the very first page. This book is full of office shenanigans, funny moments, cute moments, and some heat. I am so glad I saw all the bloggers exclaiming their joy for this book or it would have completely passed me by. It was my first read of the year and I am so glad.




Fate of Flames (#1) by Sarah Raughley
Goodreads


Fate of Flames is a new favorite of mine! Kiss-ass girls. Check. Creepy Phantom monsters. Check. Elemental powers. Check. Fate of Flames is a quick read that reminded me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Maia was always a fan of the Effigies, but when she actually becomes one she doesn't know what to think. I wish I would have gotten to see Maia actually go through some training, but there really wasn't time considering the immediate threats. I look forward to seeing what book two has to offer.



The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
Goodreads


Although I thoroughly enjoyed The Sun is Also a Star, it couldn't top the author's first book, Everything Everything. The Sun is Also a Star is delightfully unique and is very much a romance. I loved the different perspectives featuring Natasha and Daniel along with other people they encounter throughout their day. Their story takes place across one day and I loved that. There were some surprises, but a lot of the book was pretty predictable for me. All around it was a very enjoyable read with two very interesting main characters.



4 comments:

  1. Yay! you have some great sounding reads here! I'm really excited to try Fate of Flames now. I saw some mixed reviews but this sounds like something I would really enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am listening to Six of Crows now..so many perspectives! I am so glad you enjoyed the Hating Game Kay!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top