May 9, 2016

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon: Sign Up, Goals, & Updates

I always participate in Bout of Books and I always enjoy it! This time around I am still signing up and hope to get some reading done, but since this week is BEA/BookCon I am not sure how much I will actually be participating.  At the very least, I hope to finish my current read and one ARC for the May Clean Sweep ARC Challenge I am participating in.

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 9th and runs through Sunday, May 15th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 16 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team

My Goals

Reading Goals
~ Read at least 2.5 books!
~ Write the review soon after finishing the book.

Social Goals
~ Participate in one Twitter chat.
~ Participate in at least two challenges.

The Books 
~ The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski
~ The Way to Game the Walk of Shame by Jenn P. Nguyen
~ The Forbidden Orchid by Sharon Biggs Waller 
~ The Obsession by Nora Roberts

Updates

Monday
I read 40ish pages.

Tuesday
I read 0 pages.

Wednesday
I read 40ish pages.

Thursday
I read 0 pages.

Friday
I read 0 pages.

Saturday
I read 0 pages.

**Sunday (FINAL/TOTAL UPDATE)
I read a total of 204 pages. :(

Final Thoughts

So I basically signed up for Bout of Books but didn't really participate. Since I worked all week, had puppy class, and then went to BEA Friday and BookCon Saturday I barely read a thing. I did at least finish the book I was reading. That is something... right? I do however look forward to participating in the next Bout of Books and am pretty sure I won't be nearly as busy. How did everyone else do this week?

6 comments:

  1. Good luck! I hope you can reach your goals.

    Happy readings! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't quite get there, but I still finished one book. That counts right?!

      Delete
  2. Well, I completely missed this... Oh well. It happens sometimes where you just don't have time to read. Don't worry about it. That is something that you finished a book (;
    That's awesome that you went to BEA and BookCon! You must tell me everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! Finishing one book is something. I will just have to make time for next Bout of Books! I had a lot of fun at BEA and BookCon, but man was it crazy!!!

      Delete
  3. I participated in this too, but I wasn't able to finish a single book I meant to read, even though I did get through a few pages. Hopefully, I can read more books on the next bout of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am kind of glad I am not alone. lol We always have next time.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top