September 7, 2016

Review: The Hidden Oracle by Rick Riordan

The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1) by Rick Riordan
376 pages
Genre: Middle Grade/Young Adult Fantasy
Publisher: Disney Hyperion
Source: I bought it.
Purchase: Barnes & Noble | Amazon | The Book Depository
My Rating:

Goodreads Summary: How do you punish an immortal?

By making him human.

After angering his father Zeus, the god Apollo is cast down from Olympus. Weak and disorientated, he lands in New York City as a regular teenage boy. Now, without his godly powers, the four-thousand-year-old deity must learn to survive in the modern world until he can somehow find a way to regain Zeus's favour.

But Apollo has many enemies - gods, monsters and mortals who would love to see the former Olympian permanently destroyed. Apollo needs help, and he can think of only one place to go . . . an enclave of modern demigods known as Camp Half-Blood.

My Review

I can never have too many books set in Percy Jackson's world. This time around The Hidden Oracle focuses on a Greek God that is banished down to earth and turned into a mere mortal, and that god is Apollo.

I freaking loved this book! Apollo was hilarious. Since he of course was once a great and powerful Greek God, he was certainly self centered and a little full of himself throughout the novel, but he also got a chance to grow. I just loved everything about the main character in this book. We also get some special appearances from some of our favorite Camp Half Blood demigods!

Even though the plot of The Hidden Oracle was fairly similar to all the other Rick Riordan books, it still felt different because of the unique main character. I don't think fans of Riordan's other works will be disappointed.

Overall, The Hidden Oracle is a really entertaining read. I laughed out loud a crazy amount! It's not as good as the first Percy Jackson series, but it is a little better than the Magnus Chase series. I can't wait to see where the next book will lead us. I know I can't wait to get my hands on it. Side note: I freaking love this cover! Seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top