December 31, 2013

2013 End of The Year Bookish Wrap-Up

A big thanks to Jamie over at The Perpetual Page-Turner for her end of the year book survey. I shortened it up a bit and added some little stuff at the end that I wanted to share with you all! All the book titles are linked up to their respective reviews.


1. Best Book You Read In 2013? 
Contemporary YA – If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Dystopian/Post-Apocalyptic/Sci-Fi – The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau  & Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Fantasy — Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Sadly I read quiet a few disappointing books this year, but not too many at least. I think I'm going to go with Taken by Erin Bowman
 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2013? 
Sanctum by Sarah Fine, for some reason I was hesitant about reading this but it turned out to be really really good.
 4. Book you read in 2013 that you recommended to people most in 2013?
 5. Best series you discovered in 2013?
 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2013?
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
- The Hallowed Ones by Laura Bickle wasn't really a new genre but because there was a big Amish focus that was completely new to me I figured I would count it. Not to mention that I ended up loving the book! 
- Eat, Brains, Love by Jeff Hart was my first zombie book and I enjoyed it a great deal! 
- Ten by Gretchen McNeil, I don't read horror books, but this one didn't disappoint. 
- Wavecrossed by Andrea Colt also needs to be mentioned. Who would have guessed I would enjoy a book about selkies?
 8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2013?

9. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2013?
10. Most memorable character in 2013? 
Celaena from Throne of Glass & A from Every Day by David Levithan
11.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest – The Marriage Bargain by Jennifer Probst Good thing it was short because I didn't like it. (160 pages)
Longest — House of Hades by Rick Riordan (597 pages)

 12. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It?  Be careful of spoilers!
Allegiant by Veronica Roth... I don't think I need to say more. 
13. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013.
Choal and Celaena from Throne of Glass! DUH! Their friendship and the romance and the everything is just... so many feels! 

14. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else

Pivot Point by Kasie West, Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, and Sanctum by Sarah Fine, all hits and all thanks to Nicole @ The Quiet Concert!
15. Best 2013 debut you read?
16. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?
17. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?
I cried buckets for both The Fault in Our Stars by John Green & Allegiant by Veronica Roth.


Challenges I Failed and Finished

Goodreads: I read 102 books of my 100 book goal in 2013!

TBR pile challenge: I read 2 out of 12. :(

Series Catch up Challenge: I read only one out of many.

NaNoWriMo: I wrote 70,042 words in a month out of  the 50,000 required! :D


In case you missed these...

My Top Three Favorite Non-Review Posts On My Blog This Year






The Top Three Reviews I Really Enjoyed Writing in 2013




11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention =) We read and loved a lot of the same books this yea. I especially enjoyed Ten, Pivot Point and Throne of Glass. By the way, I love the graphic with the books you read this year and the stars. Did Goodreads generate that or did you make it? Because it's super cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do read a lot of the same books! Oh and that graphic is on Goodreads. You can find it if you click on "view books" under your goodreads reading challenge and then in the upper right in smaller print you will see a "view stats" button that you click and then the image will pop up. It is really neat. I just discovered the stats thing. lol

      Delete
    2. Oh and you are welcome for the mention...thanks for being a great author! :)

      Delete
  2. I wish I read that many books this year! There's always next year, right? Happy New Year Kay -- looking forward to more bookishness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! I thought I read a lot of books...until I noticed that some of my other blogger friends read over 150! lol

      Delete
  3. What an amazing book year you had Kay, and so many awesome authors too! I enjoyed The Testing and Pivot Point as well, and I'm looking forward to catching up on Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. Have a Happy New Year and can't wait to see what you have in store for It's A Book Life in 2014! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really hoping that 2014 is another amazing book year! :D I hope you love Crown of Midnight as much as I did.

      Delete
  4. Ready Player One! So awesome!
    Happy New Year! Here's to a great 2014!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year! More people really should read Ready Player One! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top