January 2, 2015

January Book Prescriptions - Your Monthly Dose of Reading Suggestions

Book Recommendation Friday is back with a new name and a new look! I plan on posting this feature on the first Friday of every month.

Each month I will come up with at least five different and unique reading suggestions for each post. I only recommend books I have already read unless noted.

The Books I suggest aren't always necessarily the same genre/plot so much as they have the same feel... and are great reads of course.

Click on the book title to found out more about each one. Enjoy!

If you liked Fangirl by: Rainbow Rowell then you should try...

1. For a lot of laughs -The Boy Recession by: Flynn Meaney
2. For some fun -Also Known As by: Robin Benway
3. For an adorable romance - Alienated by: Melissa Landers
4. For something really cute and unique - A Little Something Different by: Sandy Hall
5. For a perfect mix of action and comedy - Rebel Belle by: Rachel Hawkins

Please share your book recommendations below and any other ways you think I could make this feature even better! If you have a specific book you want me to highlight in the upcoming months please feel free to share them with me. For other reading suggestions that I have completed in the past check out my If you liked...Then read...page.

10 comments:

  1. This is really nice! I adore Fangirl and I've already read Rebel Belle so I'll definitely try some of these! Also Know As and Alienated both look really good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are both great reads! I say since you liked Fangirl and Rebel Belle you should give them a chance. :)

      Delete
  2. I really adored Also Known As. Very cute and a bit of mystery and action. A great combination. I didn't really get into A Little Something Different. I really enjoyed the writing style and the way it was put together, I just didn't connect to the characters. Alienated rocked. Loved that book. It was one I really didn't see coming into my favorite books, but it did. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also Known As was such a cute and fun book to read. I wish I was a spy. lol I didn't think I would like Alienated much either, but I did! :D It was a big surprise for me.

      Delete
  3. This is a really cute feature! I hear that Rebel Belle has some paranormal elements in it? I keep seeing it at my library but I haven't decided whether or not to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have some paranormal elements. It is unique. :)

      Delete
  4. Umm so I loved all of these except Alienated which I haven't read. I feel like I should read it judging by it's present company but it's about a girl who falls in love with an alien who looks like a human right? (or did I pull that out of thin air?) because if that is the case I am not sure I should... (that's one of my pet peeves)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is kind of what it is about... I will read the second one when it comes out (super soon) and then let you know for sure if you should read it. :)

      Delete
  5. I like the name and look. I read Rebel Belle for my first book in January and it was really good. I didn't think it had so much comedy though. Action and comedy - Paranormalcy - if you haven't read it give it a try because it's super fun!
    The Boy Recession looks a lot of fun. I'll check it out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will have to check out Paranormalcy now. ;) The Boy Recession was a super fun quick read.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top