September 18, 2014

Review: A Little Something Different by: Sandy Hall

A Little Something Different by: Sandy Hall (Aug. 26, 2014)
272 pages
Genre: New Adult/Contemporary Romance
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Source: I bought it.
Goodreads Summary: The creative writing teacher, the delivery guy, the local Starbucks baristas, his best friend, her roommate, and the squirrel in the park all have one thing in common—they believe that Gabe and Lea should get together. Lea and Gabe are in the same creative writing class. They get the same pop culture references, order the same Chinese food, and hang out in the same places. Unfortunately, Lea is reserved, Gabe has issues, and despite their initial mutual crush, it looks like they are never going to work things out. But somehow even when nothing is going on, something is happening between them, and everyone can see it. Their creative writing teacher pushes them together. The baristas at Starbucks watch their relationship like a TV show. Their bus driver tells his wife about them. The waitress at the diner automatically seats them together. Even the squirrel who lives on the college green believes in their relationship.

Surely Gabe and Lea will figure out that they are meant to be together....

My Review

Grab a copy of A Little Something Different and prepare yourself for an attack of adorable cuteness that will have you smiling the whole time you are reading. A Little Something Different is, well, a little something different, in a wonderful way.

A Little Something Different has 14 POVs that share the accounts they have with Gabe and Lea, the most awkward, occasionally annoyingly so (in a painful to watch kind of way) and yet lovable two people that should be a couple but never seem to quite get it right. We never get the POV from the two main characters just everyone around them, including the barista at the coffee shop, their creative writing professor, and even a funny squirrel, just to name a few. This book is super unique, sometimes overly ridiculous, but unbelievably fun and crazy awesome. It’s off beat and I love it. I enjoyed every single point of view, although some more than others, but none of them were bad. There is no shortness of comedy either in A Little Something Different.

The best way for me to describe this book would have to be that it is a perfect fall read. When the high the other day was only 55 degrees I snuggled under my blanket in my sweatpants with my hot coffee and enjoyed every moment of A Little Something Different. The story did seem a little high school at times considering it takes place in college, but heck, the main girl is only a freshman. Although this book isn’t very deep and is mostly just cute there is a little something more complex going on underneath the surface. I just really felt like this story actually happened in real life.

To sum up, just in case you missed how I feel about this one, I loved it. I wouldn’t change a single thing about A Little Something Different. I give it major points for its cuteness and uniqueness. Not everyone will favor its quirks, but it is worth trying. It doesn’t take long to read and at the very least it will probably make you feel just a little bit happier. Looking at the cover alone will probably put a smile on your face. It did for me.

4 comments:

  1. I like cute books. I'll keep an eye out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like super cute books then you should definitely read this one! :D

      Delete
  2. I am pretty sure that I am going to love this!!!! And I may do exactly what you did - pick a day one of these weekends and snuggle up with it! I cannot wait! :D And i've been seesawing back and forth over whether I want to buy it or not but I think i've just decided to take the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to give this one a try. Not only because I think you will like it, but because I just want to see what you think. This book was only 7ish bucks at Target. I am so glad I bought it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top