September 9, 2014

Review: Heir of Fire by: Sarah J. Maas

Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by: Sarah J. Maas (Sept. 2, 2014)
565 pages
Genre: Young Adult/Fantasy
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Source: I bought it.
Purchase: Barnes and Noble | The Book Depository | Amazon
Goodreads Summary: Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy.

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?

My Review

Heir of Fire, the third installment in the Throne of Glass series, really focuses on the different characters' journeys of finding out who they are, how they fit in, who they are loyal to, and who they NEED to be. I loved every single second of Heir of Fire, even when I was frustrated with some of the characters.The only thing I was sad about, not enough Chaol, but I have an obsession with him so you can probably just ignore me where he is concerned.I also enjoyed seeing little tidbits from the novellas pop up throughout the novel, and I liked getting to meet a bunch of new characters as well. Now I could keep going on and on about everything I loved about Heir of Fire, but that could take all day year.Therefore, I'm going to do something a little different this time.

Instead of my usual rambling/fangirling review of yet another Throne of Glass novel, I decided to share with you the goodreads updates I did while reading along with some gifs to round out my feelings. Enjoy!

To sum up:




11 comments:

  1. There is another book in this series?! I was thinking of starting it sort of soon now that the third (and what I thought was the last) book was out. I may be stubborn and wait now. Besides I have plenty of other series I've said this about that actually are finished that I should catch up on!

    Oh, love the GR update review style! Doesn't give anything away but makes it clear the rollercoaster this novel was for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are like 5 books in this series! You could wait. I actually think it may be a better reading experience, plus the endings are killer.

      I don't even usually do updates on GR when reading, but I had to this time because of how crazy my feels were! I'm glad you like it. :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't started this series yet, but it looks like I need to :) Love the gifs lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE THIS! My goodreads status updates look similar only less coherent. :) Those and the gifs paint a pretty accurate portrayal of the feels in this one for sure. God, this series... There are no words/not enough words? You catch my drift...

    PS: I STILL NEED TO READ/RESPOND TO YOUR GOODREADS MESSAGE. Ash's wedding consumed my weekend and then I was mostly recovering the past two days, I am getting back on track now! So we can talk more there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went over and looked at your goodreads updates for Heir of Fire because I was curious (although I do remember some of them from when you were reading before and how they stressed me out lol) and they are so close to the same! It just shows how awesome we are.

      No worries at all. I forgot about Ash's wedding! I want to hear all about that. So exciting! I hope you had a blast.

      Delete
  4. Oooh - this sounds like a winner again - Yay! I'm so behind on this amazing series, but happy to see that Maas continues to thrill with each story. I also love your Goodreads updates. There's nothing like the feeling (captured) of the moment after reading something. Glad you ejoyed Heir of Fire, Kay! Happy Friday and have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so very amazing! I hope you had a wonderful weekend as well. :D

      Delete
  5. Haha, I LOVE your review! I can't get enough of Maas and her Throne of Glass series - IT'S AMAZING!!!!!!! Definitely agree that Chaol needs to be on every single page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOOO AMAZING! And I would be forever happy if Chaol was on every single page.

      Delete
  6. Heir of Fire, in all its glory, just further cements my devotion to it. Sarah’s storytelling is truly incredible, and just grows more powerful with every successive novel in her series. I loved Heir of Fire, and certainly look forward to seeing where Sarah takes us next.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top