September 21, 2014

The Bookish Report

Here are all of the top bookish stories, blog posts, pictures, and videos I found this past week. I put this post up every Sunday so come back again next week for more bookish awesomeness.Click away and enjoy your Sunday!

News

Banded Books Week is here! If you are a graphic novel reader then you should read this list of banned graphic novels. Everyone should also check out this beautiful compilation of quotes from banned books.

Fall is here my friends and I am pumped. Need some fall reading suggestions? Here are 30 cool books for fall to check out and this list of fall's most anticipated young adult novels.

If you want to see the most adorable book ever then I suggest you read this right now.

The fiction longlist for the National Book Award has been announced.

It's been too long since I've shared some fun Harry Potter tidbit with you all. This week you shall feast your eyes on 13 college dining halls that look like Hogwarts. They are pretty unbelievably awesome.

For all you Hunger Games fans out there, you really should see the six stages of reading Mockingjay by Elizabeth Banks.

I am a fan of ya retellings and luckily for me and other retelling fans Epic Reads made an epic list of ya retellings.

I'm sure you know of Cartoon Network, you probably even watched it when you were younger, well Penguin is launching a Cartoon Network Imprint.

Summer flew by and I am already starting to see Christmas tress pop up in the stores. Sigh. I don't believe in starting Christmas anything until after Thanksgiving. A lot of my friends think I'm crazy. Anyway, this story is going somewhere. HarperCollins announced holiday express shipping for indie retail accounts.

Fellow Book Blogger Posts

I love book covers. Anything and everything to do with them. With that being said, The Novel Hermit posted a Holy Mother Cover post about the different book covers of The Sky is Everywhere, and The O.W.L. has an awesome post about a slew of amazing new Nancy Drew covers.

Are you a writer? Stay Bookish tells us all about Hipso Media Publishing looking for young adult manuscripts.

Writer of Wrongs tells us which Hogwarts house her favorite book boyfriends would be in.

Last but not least, If you are looking for a good laugh I suggest you read this blog post about horrible audiobook narrators.

Trailers


How I love Neil Patrick Harris.

I still don't understand why they are doing two movies for the last book, but this does look good.

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap. Another stacked Bookish Report!! LOVE the compilation of quotes A LOT. Almost all of those anticipated YA novels are on my TBR but I found some new ones (and already read a couple!) UNDERWATER PUPPIES! I may have to buy this so that I can look at it when I am feeling down. Picture 4 just made my day. #9 made my week. Why did my college dining hall not look like this? Elizabeth Banks is one of my favorite celebs except I think she forgot a few stages like RAGE and COMA and SOBBING to name a few. I also wouldn't say that the ending was joyful... Mel at The Daily Prophecy would LOVE that list of YA retellings. She's probably read most of them hah. Cartoon Network was MY LIFE. Well, Scooby Doo was my life. (It still is). I would totally read Scooby Doo books if they publish one. And Christmas is my favorite holiday so I totally Christmas Creep (I am already celebrating internally) but I try to keep it under wraps until after Thanksgiving. *takes deep breath* I LOVED Gillian's post sorting book boyfriends into Hogwarts houses. I sorted myself on Pottermore and got Slytherin *cries* And I want to check out those posts about pretty covers! I love pretty covers! Ok phew. All done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading your comment on this post made my entire day.

      Those quotes and pictures were perfect!!!! It's totally unfair about the college dinning all thing. If I would have known I would have applied to schools according. ;) Oh and I'm pretty sure I need to get Underwater Puppies as well, if that doesn't make you smile then I don't know what would. And yes, I 100% agree, Banks totally forgot a few steps!!! Cartoon Network = fond memories.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top