March 25, 2017

Mini Movie Reviews

This is going to be a new feature here on the blog! I love movies almost as much as I love books. (Almost, but not quite.) So I figured it was time I start sharing another passion of mine with you all. My husband and I get a lot of movies from the library and try to go to the theater as often as our wallets allow us. Here are some movies I have watched recently. See which ones made me smile and which ones bored me.


The Shallows


This movie turned out to be better than I thought it would be. I'm not a big fan of Blake Lively's acting, but I think she did a nice job in this movie. There were some good underwater shots and a few times I was honestly nervous about this shark.



Star Trek Beyond


The trailer really didn't do this movie justice. Although the second movie will probably still be my favorite, this one was still full of action and had some amazing visuals. It doesn't hurt that Chris Pine is also in the movie.



Suicide Squad


Although not as bad as everyone was saying it was, it still wasn't great. I know I am one of the few that enjoyed this movie. I really liked Harley Quinn and her dark humor along with Deadshot. The villain was very disappointing.




Don't Breathe


Wow, I watched a lot of movies over the past month that I had very low expectations of. haha Don't Breathe had a creepy and surprising ending!





Star Wars: Rogue One


Honest truth, I am yet again the black sheep. Although I liked Rogue One quite a bit, I didn't see what all the fuss was about.




SING


Sing was adorable. I felt inspired. I laughed and laughed some more. I am so glad my husband took me to see it.





The Secret Life of Pets


I love watching all of my own dog's mannerisms in this movie. It made me smile and Max reminded me so much of my Bash. Although I thought the animals were super cute and fun, the plot left a little something to be desired. It wasn't nearly as unique as I hoped it would be.


Have you seen any good movies lately?

3 comments:

  1. Fun post! The best movies I've seen so far in 2017 are Hidden Figures and Beauty and the Beast. I thought both of those lived up to all of the hype surrounding them, which was nice. I did enjoy Rogue One, but I'm a huge Star Wars junkie so probably no surprise thee, haha. I really want to see Sing but will probably wait for it to come out on DVD at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Shallows surprised me too when I first saw it. I scare easily, so I had a lot of fun with the movie! :D The second movie in the Star Trek reboot is my favorite to date as well, but Beyond was a close second for me! I've been meaning to see Don't Breathe, but I don't do too well horror flicks. Glad to see you liked most of these! I haven't seen any good movies lately solely because I haven't had the time to! But I am planning on watching Logan in theaters soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very annoyed with the ending of Rogue One. After a little bit I realized what was going to happen and I was so angry I didn't see the point. I liked Suicide Squad except for Joker's parts in the story. I wish he was different or he had more backstory or something. I just wish there was more I could get into but I probably would still rate it higher than you. I'm pretty easy to please. I seriously need to watch Sing already. It's cuteness and I'm sure lesson will be awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top