I'm happy to say that this year I'm participating in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) for the first time ever! I'm really glad I found Writers Unite so I will have some extra support on this adventure. Thanks Paola @ A Novel Idea and Charlotte @ Gypsy Reviews for creating this support group!
Why am I participating in NaNoWriMo?
- I've always wanted to write a book. I have started two different ones now and I never finished them. So here is my chance to start fresh with a brand new idea and actually sit down and write a very rough draft of my first novel.
- I work better with a deadline and a dazzling finish line.
- I think it will be fun.
- NaNoWriMo is helping me face my fear. For some reason I'm super scared (probably because I'm pretty sure my novel will be crappy but practice makes perfect and I heard writing your first novel is the hardest) about actually writing my first novel from start to finish.
- Unlike October when I was crazy busy, November is a slower month so I have time to write.
- I recently went to a Veronica Roth signing and she gave me the push I needed to finally sit down and write my novel.
What will my first novel be about? (What I know so far.)
- A blizzard survival story with some romance.
- My main characters will be around my age. (20's)
- There will be some awesome sibling interaction/squabbles.
- There will be a dog.
- Not everyone will survive, no one is safe. (Except for the dog of course.)
What does this mean for It's a Book Life?
Nothing will change on the blog. I'm currently working on writing most of my posts in advance for the month of November. Which actually means I'll probably have more posts in November than October, which is kind of sad. It may take me a little while longer to reply to comments and read other blog posts but that is about it. So don't worry blogger buddies, I'm not going anywhere.
**I have two more days until November... wish me luck! If anyone else is participating in NaNoWriMo let me know and I will totally cheer you on!