December 19, 2016

Short & Sweet Holiday Review: A Christmas to Remember

A Christmas to Remember by Jenny Hale
Length: 318 pages
Genre: Adult/Holiday/Romance
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Source: I bought an ebook copy.
My Rating:
Goodreads Summary: Everyone loves Christmas – don’t they? Carrie Blake loves her job as a nanny but, while her friends are settling down, all of Carrie’s spare time is spent with other people’s families. Though it breaks her heart, her New Year’s resolution is to embark on a new career and fix her love life. As Carrie starts her last job, she’s sure she’ll be going out on a high – the house is amazing , the kids are adorable, and she’s in charge of decorating the tree! The only problem could be her boss… single-dad Adam Fletcher might be both handsome and successful, but he’s always working. Doesn’t he realise he’s missing out on precious moments with his son and daughter? As Adam’s family arrive for Christmas including his sensitive sister, Sharon, and his fun-loving elderly Grandpa, Walter, Carrie realises that she might just have found the perfect allies in her quest to persuade Adam to loosen up. There’s still time for Carrie to make this the best Christmas ever… after all, Christmas is the time for miracles, isn’t it? Let the festivities begin!

My Review

I have been in the mood to read ALL the holiday romance books this December. I don't know why, but I have been craving them. So I just jumped right in. This was my second book of the season, and it was pretty good.

A Christmas to Remember has an interesting cast of characters and adorable children. It will give you warm feels and make you smile, which is exactly what I am looking for in my holiday books. Even though I liked Carrie the nanny, and the sexy single-dad Adam, I was really hoping for more interactions between the two! We spend so much of the story inside Carrie's head that we don't get nearly enough dialogue between the two main characters. This was a big bummer and the reason I gave the book three stars instead of four.

Although this book wasn't perfect for me, I am sure many will enjoy this holiday romance. A Christmas to Remember was sweet. If you are looking for a book full of Christmas feels, then this one is a good choice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top