August 15, 2017

TTT #78: YA Books I Recommend to a Non-YA Reader


This week's topic was to make some kind of recommend reading list. One of the examples given was to recommend books to people who don't normally read YA, and I just couldn't resist. I think YA can be for people of all ages, and I am annoyed when people judge adults for reading them. This list is for all those people who haven't yet given YA books a try.


1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
2. Torn Away by Jennifer Brown
3. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
4. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
5. Mosquitoland by David Arnold


6. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
7. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
8. Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon
9. Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
10. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Tell Me Below: Which books would you add to my list?


6 comments:

  1. Definitely Salt to the Sea is a great pick! I'd add A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! I haven't read about half of these, but the half I have I would recommend to non YA readers as well. If someone was looking for a thrilling sci-fi, I would recommend them Illuminae, whether or not they want to read YA! I feel like either Jenny Han or Morgan Matson would be a good addition as well. I can't decide which books, but they both really pull at my heartstrings and there's always something there for the reader to relate to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh I agree with Jenny Han and Morgan Matson! I gave the audiobook of Illuminae to my husband who refuses to read YA, and he really liked it!

      Delete
  3. This is a fantastic list! The Hate U Give is one of my favorites so far this year. It's a book I wish everyone would read, young or old or in between. The Book Thief is another really good one. I hope to read Cinder this next month finally. I hope you have a great week. Thank you for sharing, Kay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices. I love SJM's series. It's got a lot of fantasy to it but it's not so heavy that you can't follow it. And even though it's a YA novel, it's not all fluffy and childish. There's a lot of grit to the story. <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top