October 30, 2017

NaNoWriMo Prep - I'm Ready, Kind of


I am participating in National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) this November! I have participated twice before and won once. With grad school this year I wasn't originally going to participate, but I have decided to try anyway. If my dream is to be a writer, then I need to make time for that, no matter how busy my life may get.

Prep Resources


Writing New Adult Fiction: I am reading through this book right now and find it full of helpful information. There is advice and exercises.

NaNoWriMo Website Prep Page: There are a few good resources on this page. It is worth a look.

Preptober Workbook: I have heard a lot of good things about this workbook but I haven't used it yet myself.

Susan Dennard Website: She offers a lot of great information for writers.

Pub Crawl: Another great site with an abundance of tips.

Swoon Reads: This publisher website also offers a bunch of writing and publishing advice.

My Novel

*This information is a work in progress, but here is a sneak peek at the novel I will be working on in November. Sorry it's kind of  a mess.*

Tite: Behind the Stacks (Working Title)
Genre: New Adult Romance
Summary: Mia just finished her bachelor's degree and has moved out of her parents house for the first time. She soon realizes that having her own place while working two jobs and taking grad school classes is a lot harder than she thought it would be. She is determined to get a full-time job and make it on her own, all while making sure her apartment doesn't flood, again. She didn't factor in any extra time in her busy schedule for romance, especially with a sexy fireman. It's too bad Wes has other plans for her. Wes and his sister are the youngest members on the local fire crew. Firefighting is hard work, but Wes always finds time for some fun, as long as it doesn't involve any commitments, until now. His new plan, break Mia out of her shell.

Will you be participating in NANOWRIMO?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top