January 2, 2019

My First Read of 2019

Hosted by Book Journey

I absolutely love sitting down and planning out what my first read of every year will be. As a planner, I find it fun, but also a little bit of a challenge. I want to pick a book that I am pretty sure I will like. No risks here! This year I am also choosing an older book so it can count towards the Beat the Backlist Challenge I signed up for. What better way to kick off the new year than by checking off a book for a challenge? I was still being really indscicive about which book I want to be my first, perhaps I was putting too much pressure on myself. And then, as if by magic, I got an email saying an ebook I had on hold was ready for me. That book is Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson which just so happens to be on my Backlist Challenge and of which many people have been saying I need to read it. Therefore, I finally chose my book!

My First Book of the Year


What will be your first book of 2019?


4 comments:

  1. Ooh, can't wait to hear your thoughts on Allegedly! I've heard great things. Happy new year Kay! :)

    Megan @ http://www.booksbirds.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a short fiction or poetry? The cover makes me think it's one or the other.
    I like to decide carefully my first book as well. I liked my first book but it wasn't a wow book unfortunately. The end was very confusing and a little frustrating. I did enjoy most of the other parts of the book but whatever. I hope you love your first read. I look forward to reading your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to put into words how I felt about this one. It was really good! I am sorry yours didn't WOW you. :/ Hopefully the next book will!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top