January 28, 2013

Review: Size 12 and Ready to Rock by: Meg Cabot



Size 12 and Ready to Rock by: Meg Cabot (A Heather Wells Mystery #4) (2012) 
Publisher: William Morrow
361 pages
Genre: Mystery/Romance/Comedy

Summary: Heather Wells, an assistant residence hall director for New York College, is once again knee deep in a mysterious death. Her ex-boyfriend, Jordan, and his wife, the popular singer Tania Trace, are in town. Tania announces that she is holding a Rock Camp where Heather works. After finding out this shocking and dreadful news, things get even crazier for Heather when the producer of the Rock Camp ends up dead at the residence hall where she works. Now, not only does Heather have to deal with the snotty teenagers who are attending the camp, but she is up against a killer.

Review: Meg Cabot finally brought this series back to life…the wait was totally worth it.

Heads up, this can be a standalone novel! So don’t let the fact that this is book number four in the series keep you from checking this out.

Simply put, I love Heather. She is human (aka believable, down to earth, and connectable), funny, charming, an oddball, and quirky. What more could you want out of the main character/heroine in a novel? I would have to say not much. Also, her love interest, Cooper, is just as awesome. I promise.

I don’t really have anything negative to say about this book, which is kind of a nice thing since lately I feel like I haven’t been reading the best books. The plot is nicely paced, the characters were interesting and there were many laughs to be had. I also enjoyed the mysteriousness of the novel, it wasn’t always easy to guess what was coming next, and usually with these lighter comedies it is pretty easy for me to figure everything out. I guess the only reason I’m giving this book a 4.5 instead of a 5 is because when I was reading it I just didn’t get that 5/5 feeling. You know what I’m talking about? The one where you want to scream at the top of your lungs “read this book!” at the next person that you see.

Seriously, this book is great for a fun light hearted read. So if you are feeling down, it’s raining out, or you just read a book that made you think a lot, then pick this one up and start reading. If you are already a Meg Cabot fan, I don’t think you will be disappointed. I also think fans of Janet Evanovich would enjoy this series as well.

Rating: 4.5/5   BUY Size 12 and Ready to Rock 

This book counts towards my Series Catch-Up challenge. Check it out HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top