** I want to share with you the very random thoughts that pop into my head and chat with you about them. Many are bookish thoughts and many are not. I feel like I don't have enough discussion type posts on the blog so I am giving this a whirl. Some days I will talk about a specific topic and sometimes I will just throw some random thoughts at you. So please sit back, relax, and take a second to chat with me today.
1. Holidays are exciting AND stressful.
2. I love buying presents more then getting them. My favorite person to shop for is my husband. I have way too much fun picking nerdy stuff out for him for Christmas.
3. I had a blast decorating my house for Christmas for the very first time. We kept it really simple. We put up a small tree and a few odds and ends we acquired throughout the years around the house. Out front we just threw a couple of those Christmas light nets on our bushes and we have one light up penguin. I think it turned out super cute! I am sorry I don't have a picture, but every time I tried to take one it turned out blurry.
4. Participating in #TBTBSanta was so much fun! It was my first time and I am sure there will be many more. I had a blast picking out gifts for Holly @ The Fox's Hideaway! I bought her copies of Sanctum by Sarah Fine, ACOTAR, an Olaf Tsum, warm and fuzzy fox socks, and some cheddar/caramel popcorn mix. My gift was from Deanna @ Deanna Writes and is pictured below. Thanks again Deanna!
|What was gifted to me from Deanna!|
5. My husband and I have started collecting Funko Pop guys to decorate our DVD area in our media room in the basement. We have Dancing Baby Groot, Adipose, Jon Snow, and Batman. We are thinking of getting a Rick Grimes and at least three more!
6. I am doing a big purge of all my library items by the start of 2016. I want to start fresh. It always makes me feel better when I start 2016 without any books currently checked out on my library card.
7. My mom brought us a whole bunch of cookies that she baked this past weekend as part of our early little Christmas celebration. Delish! (We may have already eaten a whole bunch by the time I took the picture.) I am going to gain so much weight this holiday season.
8. I have officially decided to not sign up for any year-long challenges for 2016 except for the goodreads challenge. Other than that one challenge I will just participate in month-long or week-long challenges that pop up throughout the year. Challenges seem to bring me too much stress and/or I never actually complete them.
9. I started re-watching FRIENDS for the billionth time this past week. I think I may just have to do a post about my favorite episodes sometime in the near future. Get excited! ;)
10. Now just a tiny little bit TMI: Even though this winter has been pretty mild weather wise, my hands are still 100% grossly dried out. I feel like that no matter how much lotion I put on it makes no difference.
11. I hope every single one of you has a wonderful Christmas/whatever holiday you celebrate!