February 9, 2018

Five on Friday: Favorite Workout Videos


I was one of those people that didn't really believe in New Year's resolutions, but this year I decided to shake things up. This year I am trying to live a more healthier lifestyle. I gained some weight over the last year or so because I stopped making time to exercise and eat healthy. This may have had something to do with starting grad school while working two jobs and getting a puppy... So far I have been drinking more water, working out four days a week (using these YouTube channels), and eating healthy(ish). I lost four pounds this first month so I must be doing something right.

Anyway, I have discovered two channels on YouTube that offer such a variety of (free!) videos that I have yet to get bored! Therefore, I thought I would share my favorites with you all. First up is JessicaSmithTV, she offers a variety of different programs (free and paid) that you can follow on her website along with hundreds of free videos on YouTube. My other favorite is Blogilates, Casey offers a free beginner calendar you can follow on her website along with an abundance of other cool stuff. I am slowly going through both of their videos to find my favorites and make my own weekly workout playlists. Without further ado, here are some of my favorite videos so far and why I like them.

JessicaSmithTV



So far this is my favorite exercise video that I have come across, and that's mostly because it is fun! It also doesn't hurt that Jessica's dog Peanut makes an appearance in many of her videos. She is adorable and motivating! I always feel great after doing this workout.


I worked up a sweat doing this one! I plan to do her entire HIIT for Beginners series. 

Until I did this video I really didn't know how much I would benefit from getting some stretching into my weekly routine. I am not flexible at all, but I am hoping to change that. This routine felt great and is perfect to complete after a workout.

Blogilates


When I first heard of this arm workout that didn't involve any weights or push ups I was a little skeptical. I was wrong. My arms were burning towards the end of the video, and the next day they were very sore.

Another favorite video of Casey's that I enjoy. It's perfect for blogilate newbs. Many of her videos are challenging for me, but the more I do them the better I get!

What are some of your favorite exercise videos? Did you make any resolutions for the new year?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top