February 5, 2018

Mini Reviews: Suddenly Royal, Prince in Disguise, Duels and Deception, Long Way Down


This post contains a whole bunch of mini reviews of books I read last year that I never got around to reviewing. I'm hoping to stay on top of my reviews this year, but with grad school and work I don't know how well that will actually go. We shall see!

Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase
Goodreads


This book was a whole lot of fun to read! I don't know what I would do if I found out I was actually royal. Probably freak out at the attention and all the responsibilities that would give me anxiety, but I sure wouldn't mind the money or the traveling. If you haven't given this one a try yet I suggest that you do. You will want to meet the great characters in this book, especially Prince Yummy.

Prince in Disguise by Stephanie Kate Strohm
Goodreads


I wasn't a big fan of this one. It had its cute moments, but it was too cheesy for me. I also had a hard time liking the main character Dylan. After one too many eye rolls and obvious plot points I can only give this one two stars. This book just wasn't for me. However, I can see many teens and reality fans enjoying this book.


Duels and Deception by Cindy Anstey
Goodreads


I loved this book! This one is a perfect choice for historical fiction, mystery, and romance fans! Miss Lydia Whitfield is trying to be a strong woman who is taken seriously. It's too bad she gets kidnapped. I loved the carriages, the different characters, and the romance.


Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
Goodreads


Written in verse and incredibly powerful, Long Way Down is a must read for teens and adults. Will's brother was murdered and he must decide if he should stick to the rules and seek revenge or try to break the cycle. This book is eye opening and heart breaking.


Have you read any of these books?


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top