August 22, 2014

Bout of Books: Book Chain & Recreate a Cover Challenges

Book Chain

The Challenge: You must link four books by using the last word of the previous title to the first word of the next one.

My Book Chain
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
(The) Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott

**This challenge was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. I ended up having to use books from my TBR, I couldn't seem to create a chain just from books I have read (that have been recorded on goodreads.)

Recreate a Cover
Hosted by: Spines & Covers

The Challenge: Recreate any book cover any way you choose!

The Original

My Recreated Cover

**This is probably my favorite challenge to date. My husband even helped out! We used real french fries, ketchup, gummy worms, and a little Photoshop to recreate the cover of the hilarious zombie novel Eat Brains Love! I think it turned out pretty darn awesome, and it was a lot of freaking fun.

18 comments:

  1. I also had a hard time with the Book Chain Challenge, and had to extensive search all my books on Goodreads including my TBR books. Love your Recreated Cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I wasn't only with that Book Chain Challenge, it was harder than it sounded!

      Delete
  2. Nice! Work!!! :) Looks like you did have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That re-creation is so good! It's so close to the original, at first I just thought it was done digitally -- so impressed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Let's just say that a lot of gummy worms may have been eaten during the making of this recreation of a cover.

      Delete
  4. Your recreated cover is awesome! I'm glad you had fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a blast. My husband kept eating all of the gummy worms.

      Delete
  5. Your cover is really creative...I love it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your recreated cover! That must have been lots of fun to do with your husband :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much fun! I was excited that he seemed really into it as well, probably because he got to eat so many gummy worms.

      Delete
  7. Love your chain and love your recreated cover - that was awesome!! :) Good luck on getting lots of reading in!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't believe the read-a-thon is almost over. That went by quick.

      Delete
  8. I LOVE that recreation! So good! Hope your weekend goes well! ;-) #readstrong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't believe how fast it has gone by.

      Delete
  9. i love these cover remakes! I remember your one from last year but I like this one more! So cool and SO CLOSE!

    Also, yeah, I can imagine that book chain is harder than it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was scrambling for the Book Chain even using the search option on goodreads because I was trying to stick to books I read... didn't happen.

      Thanks - I had a lot of messy fun remaking that cover.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top