August 31, 2014

My First Ever Month In Review! - August Edition

~ August Edition

What happened on It's a Book Life?

My Favorite Read of The Month

My review will be posted shortly! I gave it five well earned stars.


What went down behind the blog?
  • I went to Vegas for the second time in my life. My friend won a trip from a bridal magazine to celebrate her bachelorette party. So our flight and hotel were paid for! I had a blast, won a little bit of money, and was extremely tired when I got home.
  • I got a new job! Don't worry, I still work at the library. I am now a desk clerk instead of a page. It's a pay raise and so far I am really loving it.
  • Today I took part in my annual family fantasy football draft. I'm ready for football season! Fall is my favorite time of year not only because of football, but because it means my cardigans, sweaters, boots, and scarves can be taken out of the closet.
My New Obsession

The television show Outlander! I have been hooked since the first episode and I now want to read the rest of the books more than ever! (I have only read the first one.)

September Is Here!

My Bookish and Non-Bookish Goals For September
  • I am so very far behind in writing reviews and posting them. My goal, get it together.
  • Read my three ARC's that debut in September.
  • Catch up on the television show, Vampire Diaries, before it comes back on.

The Book I look Forward to Reading The Most This Month


Other Sept. Releases I want to read



6 comments:

  1. You can't possibly be more behind on reviews than I am! I'm definitely in a blogging slump -- I'll take that over a reading slump though -- I've been reading up a storm! I've never been organized enough to do a monthly review, but they are fun to read on other people's blogs! So awesome about Vegas & your promotion, YAY :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry you are in a blogging slump, but since you aren't in a reading slump I say you are doing awesome. :) I have this pile of post-it notes with review notes on them and every time I look at them I get discouraged and ignore them. lol This is the first time I've been organized enough to do a monthly review. ha Thanks! I'm loving the new job.

      Delete
  2. I am behind in reviews too. I blame the summer! I definitely want to check out Outlander, but I haven't had time yet. Glad you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo I like this month in review! You should do them more often :) And YAY for The Queen of the Tearling! WOO for Vegas and the new job (both are awesome news!) And I love that you love Fall and Football because I love Fall and Football SO MUCH! Also - I am terrible at writing reviews on time so know that you are not alone and YES YOU MUCH CATCH UP ON VAMPIRE DIARIES THAT ENDING OH MY GOD. Also, I am interested in all of your September releases so thanks for screening them for me ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I was thinking since I enjoy reading your guys' month in review and from other blogs I follow that it may be time to try my own. I think I will continue to do it! Seriously, we were meant to be friends. Fall, oh how I love thee.

      I am so nervous to catch up on Vampire Diaries. So nervous!!! I'll let you know when I do.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top