August 24, 2014

The Bookish Report

Here are all of the top bookish stories, blog posts, pictures, and videos I found this past week. I put this post up every Sunday so come back again next week for more bookish awesomeness.Click away and enjoy your Sunday!

News

Minnesota is home to The Floating Library! You read that correctly, now check out their website. It is pretty neat, although I would just be so paranoid to have books that close to water all the time.

"Amazon Publishing and Alloy Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Television Group, announced a digital-first imprint that will focus on young adult, new adult and commercial fiction. The new imprint, named Alloy Entertainment, will be part of Amazon Publishing’s Powered by Amazon program." One of the books from this new imprint, Imitation, sounds really interesting.
Epic Reads does it again. They entertain, delight, and share the truth about us book nerds in the Epic Reads Glossary. :) You have to read the entry "book stripping."

To all my fellow grammar nerds out there, check out these Movie Titles With Errors! A lot of these I picked up a long time ago and they always bothered me.

Want a laugh? 16 Pickup Lines That Would Work On Any Book LoverI have never laughed so hard, especially at number 11.

Laura Ingalls Wilder's memoir is going to be published. It is going to be gritty. I loved the Little House books while growing up (I really do want to re-read them) and her memoir will be a must read for me.

Blog Posts

I discovered a new feature thanks to The Book Monsters titled Write On Review-A-Thon! It is hosted over at The Book Vixen. I feel like I always get behind in writing reviews and this feature would help me with that!

Do you love Jane Austen novels? Do you love looking at pretty covers? Check out the Stay Bookish post: The Many Beautiful Editions of Austen Novels!

The Book Addict's Guide has written a great post about novellas. You should definitely check it out if you are a fan of Throne of Glass.

Apparently The Selection novels aren't done yet. I haven't read these ones and I have yet to decided if I will, but for those of you who are fans this is probably some pretty good news for you.

Photos





6 comments:

  1. A floating library?! I'll have to check out the link-thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! It was a very interesting/scary idea.

      Delete
  2. I thought the floating Library was going to be way more impressive lol. All the books are wrapped in plastic so that's good but what if someone drops a book? I hope they have good divers as librarians.
    A lot of those pick up lines are so suggestive! I just was shaking my head the whole time because it was so ridiculous. Funny but ridiculous.
    I think I may have to join that Write On review-a-thon. I'm so behind it's just sad now.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would still be worried that the books would get wet! You are right, they better be good divers. :)
      The pick up lines made me laugh so hard, they were dirty yet funny.
      I have I think 10 reviews I need to write. :( I have been slacking.
      Have a wonderful week as well Adriana!

      Delete
  3. Bahahaha so much goodness in this post! LOVE LOVE LOVE the Epic Reads Glossary and the Pickup lines. 11 is great but so is "You had me at Preface". I can't believe how many movie titles have errors in them! And I totally need to participate in the review-a-thon because I am ALWAYS behind on reviews (I have 6 to write at the moment) but I won't because I am lazy. And I am kind of upset about the 4th Selection Novel because these books are kind of terrible but also kind of addicting and I don't want to read it but I can't just NOT read it now that I've started. I think you should avoid them all together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously have read that Epic Reads Glossary like ten times now. It's still funny. I show everyone! Oh, those pick up lines, my husband read them looked at me and said now he knows what to use on me. hahaha

      It feels like I am always behind on reviews! I think I have like 10 to write and I didn't get to participate because I ended up having work Saturday and Sunday.

      I think I will pass on those Selection books. It's not worth it when I have so many other books to read!

      I hope you have a great Labor Day today!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top