Here are all of the top bookish stories, blog posts, pictures, and videos I found this past week. I put this post up every Sunday so come back again next week for more bookish awesomeness.Click away and enjoy your Sunday!
- HapperCollins has updated its website so us bookish folks can purchase their books directly from their website.
- 13 of Your Favorite Books If Their Title Was Honest - Need I give you any more reasons to read this?
- To all you young adult fans out there... Are you actually a villain?
- Marvel's Avengers Now! bookswill feature a female Thor, an African-American Captain America, and Iron Man gets a make over. I don't read comics, but I like the change up.
- The Book of Life, the last book in the All Souls Trilogy by Deborah Harkness, came out this week! For those that have yet to read it or just want more Diana and Mathew fun, read The Book of Life's 7 Tips to Maintaining a Successful Marriage.
- I'm sure you have all heard about and read the new mini HP story on pottermore. Well, I honestly don't know how I feel about it but this articlehas some interesting things to say on the topic. I do find it weird that J.K Rowling decided to post this article by Rita Skeeter, who is not a reliable narrator.
- Walter Dean Myers has passed away. I love his novel Fallen Angels. May he rest in peace.
- Amazon has launched kindleunlimited. For $9.99 a month you can receive unlimited ebooks. It sounds like Netflix for your reader. While I can see this as being a cool concept, simply because I love books, if I want ebooks I either get them from the library or purchase them. Either way, this just sounds like a dumb concept for those of us who have a local library that does this for you for free already.Not to mention, Amazon is already getting a bad reputation with books.
- This DIY bookish t-shirttutorial is awesome.
- This discussion prompt is painful, and yet hard to resist participating in. :)
- I would love living in a book, depending on the book of course.
- Reviews From a Bookworm hilariously and truthfully describes what it feels like to be in a reading slump.
- She may have been a littlecreepy, but haven't we all been creepy to some degree at some point, especially when it comes to books? I have.
- I always try to do something bookish on every vacation I take and so does The Reading Geek!
- Twitter Capture of The Week! - This week feature's Rainbow Rowell!