Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt Challenge
Hosted byCaught Read Handed
The Challenge: It’s a bookshelf scavenger hunt!Find a book with the following criteria on a bookshelf:
1. Find an author with the same initials as you. - Nada. :(
2. Find a book with the color yellow on it. - How to Lead a Life of Crime
3. Find an author’s name with the letter “S” in it - Victoria Schwab
4. Find a book with a female protagonist - Fangirl
5. Find the longest book you own - Edgar Allan Poe: Complete Tales and Poems
6. Find a book with a map in it or on it - Heroes of the Valley
7. Find a book with a face on it (photograph or illustrated) - Every Breath
Bonus: Find something on your shelf that isn’t a book. - My glasses (Without even thinking I just put them on to take the picture, I swear they were on my shelf.)
I found every single item except for number one. I don't seem to have any authors with my actual initials (AR) on my shelf. Here is what I found!
|Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt Challenge Results|
New Year's Resolution Challenge
Hosted by The Book That...
The Challenge: Pick books with titles that relate to each of your resolutions. Do as many or as few as you would like. I just picked four.
1. Someday, Someday, Maybe by Lauren Graham represents me trying to actually write my reviews within a week after finishing a book. I always say I'm going to do this but never actually do. Who knows, maybe this year will be the year.
2. The Distance Between Us by Kasie West is how I feel about my goal to go to more author signings this year. The distance between me and meeting my favorite authors is always so vast. It's always seems so hard to find the time to visit author signings since none really occur in my actual town or when I'm not working.
3. Split Second by Kasie West represents the amount of time that I swear it will take for me to respond to comments on my blog, which would be a vast improvement than when it sometimes takes me two weeks.
4. Ten by Gretchen McNeil is a horror story that perfectly represents the ten stubborn pounds I would like to lose this year.