January 25, 2016

I Got a Puppy!

Why didn't I post a single blog post last week? Why haven't I been reading lately? That's right folks, my husband and I got a puppy! I don't know what we were thinking... Just kidding! We love our little guy, even if he is a handful. Meet the newest member of our family, Bash. He is a rescue dog! Bash is part Mastiff and part Lab. He is going to be a big boy. Now it is time for some pictures!

Nap Time
Chillin'
Just Posing
One of my favorite activities involving this guy is fetch. He LOVES chasing down his little squeaky chickadee toy. The best part is that he runs full speed and then does this little jump on the toy and then hurries back and slams into us when returning it. He just has no brakes! He slams into the furniture and walls quite a bit, but not in a harmful way, but in an overexcited puppy way. (Also, we have all wood floors and tile.)

We are currently house training him and man oh man is that a pain to do in the winter when it is freezing outside, but it has to be done. So far only a few accidents in the house! Nothing that we couldn't handle. Puppies will be puppies.

He loves to chew on EVERYTHING so you always have to be watching him. (Bash loves eating any paper products including but not limited to Kleenex, toilet paper, paper towels, and pieces of paper. All of these items are completely out of his reach now, but there was a rather crazy paper towel roll incident when we first brought him home.)

We have stairs going into our house and we live in a split-level so we have a decent amount (but not too many) of stairs in our house... It's too bad that Bash doesn't do stairs. He has yet to brave them and since he is already a little overwhelmed with his new family and surroundings we haven't pushed him yet. That means that right now we are carrying him up and down the stairs all the time (it is a good workout at least), but that won't last much longer because he is going to grow pretty quickly. Therefore, we are going to try to bribe him with treats to go up the stairs now that he has lived with us for a full week. Time flies! I will have to let you know how that goes...

How about a few more pictures of our pup? (We don't have many pictures of him when he is up and about because it is too hard to watch him and take pictures. He is a crazy little puppy.)

Upside-down Chew Time
Naps are the Best
Close-up!
Even though he can give me a headache, this little man sure is cute! We love him lots and have welcomed him into our family with open arms. I will have to post new pictures of him every month so you all can watch him grow. I'm hoping that as we all get into a routine I will go right back to blogging and reading all the time. It may just take another week or so. Until then, happy reading!

12 comments:

  1. So adorable Kay! I love dogs that are active and just want to cuddle up against you sometimes. I think they're so loveable and cute! I want a dog soon when I get older probably. Maybe like a pug or a husky bec they're too active breeds :D

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He has stolen our hearts that is for sure. Those are both great breeds! I hope you get a doggy and share pictures with us too!

      Delete
  2. Bash is such a wonderful name for a puppy, especially for one that is going to turn in to a giant, basically! Even though I'm 100% a crazy cat lady, even I have to admit, your pup is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! He sure is going to be big. Three weeks later and he is already a little bigger.

      Delete
  3. So so so cute! I love big dogs! They are just so much more cuddlier than little dogs! I have two cats and they are my fur babies, but lately I've been wanting a dog as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first big dog and I am pumped! Cats are also great! You should totally add a dog to the mix. :D

      Delete
  4. OMG PUPPYYYYYY :D :D :D He is SOO CUTTEEE!! And I LOVE the name <3 <3 Dogs can be a lot of work but they are so worth it! Congrats you two!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! He is a little hellion sometimes but I love the furball. We have had him three weeks and he is already growing! I am finally getting a routine down with him and am back to blogging and reading which is nice. Now I am just trying to get him to snuggle me nicely while reading and not try to eat the book. hahaha So far that only works when he is napping.

      Delete
  5. Chewing on everything, running into furniture, yep that's a puppy alright!
    He looks brown sometimes and black the other. His coat is super pretty.
    I love his name ~ It's not the usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is black, but sometimes the lighting and the shiny coat makes him look a little brown. lol He is a lot of work, but he is just so cute! We had a blast naming him and it seems to fit him well. :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top