March 13, 2015

A Look Back: It's a Book Life Through the Ages

Do you notice that my blog looks a little different? Or I guess I should say a LOT different?! Do you? This is how excited I am right now about the new look of my blog!




Okay, I think you get it.

For Christmas my husband gifted me with offering to pay for a professional designer to update the look of my blog for me. Since I have been doing this on my own since I first started this blog, almost three years ago, I was ecstatic. I am no designer and only know a little CSS and such so I could only do so much blog designing on my own. To celebrate I thought I would show you my three main past blogger headers so you could reminisce a little with me and see how awesome my blog has progressed through the ages. ;)

The Beginning

Here is my first attempt to design my own blog header.


I had no idea what I was doing at the time I made this and I think it turned out pretty good. After a while I got bored with this header and kind of wanted something that had a different feel to it. I was just ready to spice up my blog a bit and I was tired of looking at the same thing every day so I went ahead and gave the design thing another whirl.

The Middle

Here is the something fresh I came up with.


Not to shabby if I do say so myself. I was really enjoying this new look for a long while. Then I got bored again and when I took a second to look at the header a little closer I realized that the font wasn't doing anything for me. So I created my most recent header. (I took a fuller shot of my blog so you could also see my valiant effort at creating a cool background and side bar headings. Once again, I thought I did a pretty good job with such little experience.)


I loved the look of this one better even though it was really similar to my previous header. I thought it was super cute. I am pretty proud that I made all this myself, but after a while I realized that there really wasn't much else I could do on my own to give my blog a face lift. I was also looking for something a little more professional looking. I am kind of a very frugal person, and therefore I never thought I would spend money on having someone design my blog for me, but when my husband said he would buy me a blog redesign for Christmas as my gift... I was sold.

Out With the Old. In with the new.

MY NEW PRETTY.


Stephanie from These Paper Hearts was wonderful to work with and made my now current blog design. I asked for something fun, clean, and professional and I got just that. I freaking LOVE it.

I really think the images in the header are a great representation of my book life. I work at a library and have always used my local one since I was little hence the library card, the books are pretty self-explanatory items, I am always drinking coffee, I wear glasses, and the journal represents my writing.

Once again, a huge thank you to Stephanie!

I'm sorry to say that due to time restraints and her new job Stephanie is no longer creating new blog designs, but you can find a whole bunch of her awesome blogging tips and tricks and design help on her blog These Paper Hearts.

12 comments:

  1. I love it, Kay! Enjoy your fresh new look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I still smile super big every time I see it. :D

      Delete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE your new header! I wish I had the creative tech savvy that web designers like Stephanie have. Seriously awesome design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Adriana!!! I wish I was that savvy too my friend. :)

      Delete
  3. GORGEOUS!! What a awesome gift too. I really liked your previous design as well, but it feels great to change things up. I really like the new color scheme as well and so organized!!

    Enjoy Kay :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS! It is nice to have something new and fresh. I do love the colors as well. It took me a while to find a combo I really liked. :D

      Delete
  4. OMFG KAY I LOVE IT!!!! And so sweet of your husband to gift this to you! As you know we tried designing our own blog for a while too (and I am proud of myself for what I was able to manage as you are) but I am no graphic designer so it was nice to finally get some professional help so that we could have a design beyond our capabilities. And Stephanie is AWESOME. Sometimes I still just stare at my blog and think "prettyyyy" - I hope you are in the same state of awe ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole!!! I was sooooo excited when he told me that is what he got me for Christmas!!!! Your blog is pretty and one of the reasons I reached out to Stephanie!! :D I am still in a state of awe. It is wonderful.

      Delete
  5. Your blog looks AMAZING. Congrats on your new design!

    Cristina @ Girl in the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new look! It's so you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine!!! :D It just feels right.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top