March 18, 2015

I Feel Like Gabbing Today


** I have no idea how often I will post this feature. It is a work in progress. I do however know that I want to share with you the very random thoughts that pop into my head and chat with you about them. Many are bookish thoughts and many are not. I feel like I don't have enough discussion type posts on the blog so I am giving this a whirl. Some days I will talk about a specific topic and sometimes I will just throw some random thoughts at you. So please sit back, relax, and take a second to chat with me today.

Random Thoughts

1. I would like a bookmark that I can attach to my person while I am reading. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I lose a bookmark while reading! I am either sitting on it, it falls under the bed, it somehow gets dragged across the room, or it generally just ends up disappearing completely.

2. I'm still obsessing over my new blog design. I keep telling everyone about it. I know I am starting to annoy people, but I am not sure I care. ;)

3. I have been exercising every day (10-40 minutes a day) for the past month. I am so proud of myself. Even though I haven't really lost a lot of weight I already feel healthier.

4. It was 70 degrees here on Monday!!! I went for a long walk with my husband and I loved every single second of it. I love spring and I am not in any way sad to say good bye to winter.

5. My library just got a 3D Printer. That thing is very cool. I took a training class on it and I already want to make so many things. They are opening it up to the public in a couple of months after all of our renovations are done. I can't wait to see what the patrons think.

6. I might be slightly stressed and crazy busy right now, but I still managed to find time to start watching Sleepy Hollow and become addicted.

7. I haven't read a single page of a single book in 3 days! I just wasn't in the mood or something. :/ That changes TODAY. (After I finish doing my blog stuff.)

8. I spent an hour last night organizing all of my files and stuff on my computer. It was a mess! Now it is all pretty and organized and it is a lot easier to find things. I am really taking this spring cleaning thing seriously.

Tell me, how are you doing today? Do you have problems keeping track of your bookmarks as well? How is the weather where you live? Chat with me!


12 comments:

  1. Love the design too, Kay! The color scheme is just beautiful!! I'm with you on the bookmark problem, although most of the time I will place the bookmark a couple chapters ahead to act as a reading goal. Then when I reach it I'll move it forward a few more chapters and so on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It took me forever to pick some good colors. OMG, that is a great idea for bookmark usage! :D

      Delete
  2. I organized my computer stuff the other day too among various other cleaning and organizing projects -- spring cleaning coming around the same time as nesting is setting in is an interesting combination! I lose bookmarks all the time too and it's SO annoying -- how they end up underneath me or my pillow (or behind the bed!) so often is a mystery to me. As I've mentioned before, I have to exercise (translation = walk a lot) ever since being hospitalized that one time and I have to agree about the feeling healthy thing -- it's really more important than weight I think (says the pregnant lady who is gaining weight, not losing it for obvious reasons! lol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can never understand how they end up in such weird places either. Do you think there is a bookmark gremlin? lol I agree, I think it is more important than weight as well. I hope you are doing well Christine!!! Your due date is just around the corner. So exciting. :D

      Delete
  3. Woah. A 3D printer! That's so great! I bet you'd do cool stuffs with it. :) And good for you to exercise. I always tell myself I'd go jogging in the weekends, but I also always end up sleeping in. LOL ^__^ I am yet to find a bookmark I can attach to myself, too. That would be really interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty cool. So far we have printed keychains, a replica of The Game of Thrones throne, a little piggy bank, and a lot of random stuff. Hmmm.... Maybe a bookmark with like a hair tie type thing on it you can attach it to your wrist while you read? Or do you think that would get annoying when turning pages? Interesting thought... lol

      Delete
  4. I'm trying to exercise daily. I can usually do 4 days a week. the other 3 are hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 days a week is still great!!! :D That is why some days I only do 10 minutes or I don't think I would exercise every day.

      Delete
  5. 1. bahaha I can so relate to this.
    2. this is totally normal behavior and you are pardoned for another 12 months of obsessing. at least.
    3. WAY TO GO KAY! the secret is to not let yourself slack so it doesn't feel like an option!
    4. Um. It is not, nor has it been 70 degrees here yet. We currently have half a foot of snow. Super jealous.
    5. This may be a stupid question... but what are you going to use it for?
    6. I hope you feel less stressed and busy soon!
    7. I HAD NO TIME TO READ (as you know) AND I WAS DYING. But I think I am past that. Phew.
    8. I did some spring cleaning today!! I love being organized :D

    Ok bye for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2. Good to know!
      3. So far I am still going strong! :D
      4. We just got snow again. :(
      5. Patrons will be able to make different things on it! Keychains, little figures, prototypes, all kinds of stuff. Totally not a stupid question. I asked that when we first got one. lol
      6. Thanks. Once April is over I think life will be a little less crazy.
      7. I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE BETTER!!!!! No joke. I was worried.
      8. Points for being organized!

      Delete
  6. Oh i have been away from my bloggy friends for too long. I love your new design! love it love it love it.

    I use magnetic bookmarks and leave it on my page til i am done reading then I move it again. Other wise i lose them all the time.
    way to go on your excerising. I am so envious and proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenn!!! I am still in awe over it.

      I shall get my hands on some magnetic bookmarks and give this a try. :) Super pumped. Thanks for the idea and the support about exercising! So far so good.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top