March 23, 2015

It's Bloggiesta time!

I have spring cleaning fever! I have cleaned out and organized my laptop. I have cleaned out and organized my linen closet in the apartment. I cleaned out my locker at work. I even have a date set for doing a big clean of the apartment next month. I guess it is time I use my spring cleaning fever to give my blog some updates. Therefore, I decided to participate in Bloggiesta!

Find out more information here!

This is the first time I have ever participated in Bloggiesta and I'm pretty excited. I have heard about it before and seen it around the web but never really got into it. Now I am more than ready to tell Bloggiesta to... Bring. It. On. :) As you all know It's a Book Life just got a new face lift and ever since then I have been in the mood to make it the best that it can be. So here we go.

To-Do List

1. Brainstorm and draft a few discussion posts.
2. Update my 2015 book Challenges progress posts.
3. Catch up on all reviews. (I think I am only three behind because I have been being good about this so far this year.)
4. Update old posts into my new design/theme. (I want to at least get another 7 months of old posts updated.)
5. Write up Outlander Challenge posts and schedule them out.
6. Do some future Top Ten Tuesday posts.
7. Create a tentative blogging schedule in my new planner.
8. Organize my e-books. Seriously.
9. Participate in a couple of Twitter Chats.
    - Monday Chat: PEOPLE: Giving and Getting Comments and Followers
    - Thursday Chat: REVIEWS and Other Content Ideas
10. Complete some mini challenges.
    - Create a Treasure Trove of Blog Post Ideas
    - Twitter Chat Tutorial 
    - Using Trello to Organize All the Things
11. Catch up on comments on my blog and visit other blogs that have commented.
12. Organize Bloglovin.
13. Update my goodreads to-read list.
14. Figure out a way to really utilize Twitter. (Maybe make a checklist of sorts.)
15. Find some new potential blogger friends. :)
16. Look over the different pages on the blog and find ways to make them even better.
17. Update my Netgalley profile.

FINAL THOUGHTS

This was my first time participating in Bloggiesta and I think I did a pretty good job! I learned a lot of new things, met some new bloggers, spent a lot of time really cleaning up my blog, and had fun. Although I didn't get everything done on my list I feel pretty good about what I did accomplish. Even after this week I can safely say that my spring cleaning fever is still here to stay... which is a good thing because I still would like to get the rest of the items on my list completed.

Did you participate in Bloggiesta? What were your goals? Did you accomplish them? Share below!


17 comments:

  1. Oh goodness. LoL I'm only cleaning my blog so far. You are way ahead of the game. I wish I had your cleaning bug. I finally (today) took down my Valentine's day wreath and minimal decorations. LoL
    You have got a lot more goals than I do. I never thought to put clean out TBR shelf even though I've been doing that and cleaning out ebooks for the last month. I should add that to my list. Seeing it typed out may help me finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have the cleaning bug. I'm trying to use it to its full advantage while it lasts. lol Don't worry, one year my husband and I left our Christmas tree up until we moved in May. How bad is that?!

      I agree! Good luck with all of your goals as well! We are going to rock it.

      Delete
  2. This list is fantastic! So many good things to do!
    Good Luck with your list, I do hope you are able to finish them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, I should organize Bloglovin too... ah another thing to add to the list :/ Happy Bloggiesta and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After reading other people's lists my tended to grow a bit. lol

      Delete
  4. Every time I change my theme, I always try to go back and update my posts too! I love your theme by the way. It's very clean and welcoming. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to Bloggiesta! Bloggiesta is my favorite event because it's both fun and productive. Good luck on your list!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am super excited to get as many things done as I can this week.

      Delete
  6. This is a great list and very ambitious! I'm so proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea and I could really benefit from doing this myself but school has been kicking my ass and I am barely keeping up with the blogosphere let alone giving my own blog/blogging life some TLC. But I may take some inspiration from you and do this unofficially when I next get a break. I'll probably steal quite a few items from this list ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally see why you would be just a too busy to tackle it right now. I think it is great if you do it later and just keep the list on hand for when you have free time. That is what I am going to do, because I doubt I can tackle everything on this list. lol I was a little ambitious. It has been fun though. I know they do several bloggiestas throughout the year. Something to look at if you are interested!

      P.S. I feel like before this week I was kind of absent from the blogging world as well. I felt like I hadn't even talked to you for while. I feel better now that I caught up on comments and tweeted you and such. lol :)

      Delete
  8. Love your list! If you ever figure out Twitter, please let me know! I autopost and go to a few Twitter chats, but not sure where to go from there. And I've been putting off organizing my Goodreads shelves as I know it's going to be a massive project. Good luck with all of your goals!

    Terri @ Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know about Twitter! I am making a random list of ideas/suggestions right now. OMG organizing my shelves was kind of a pain but it did feel good while I was doing it and when I was done. Now it is just keeping up with the updates that will be the hardest I think. Good luck with organizing yours!

      Delete
  9. You got a lot done!! *\o/*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on getting so much done! :D I'm glad you had such a great Bloggiesta! Good luck on continuing with your to do list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top