June 8, 2015

A Quick Review: Inherit Midnight by Kate Kae Myers

Inherit Midnight by Kate Kae Myers (Feb. 2015)
390 pages
Genre: Young Adult
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Source: The Library.
Purchase: Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository | Amazon
My Rating:
Goodreads Summary: The Competition: Outlandishly wealthy Grandmother VanDemere has decided to leave her vast fortune to the family member who proves him or herself worthiest-by solving puzzles and riddles on a whirlwind race around the globe, from the mines of Venezuela to the castles of Scotland. There will be eight competitors, three continents . . . and a prize worth millions.

The Players:

Seventeen-year-old Avery is the black sheep of the VanDemere clan, the ostracized illegitimate daughter. Finally, she has a chance to prove herself . . . and to discover the truth about her long-lost mother.

Marshall might be Avery's uncle, but there's no love lost between the two of them. He's her main competition, and he'll do anything to win-including betray his own children.

Riley is the handsome son of Grandmother VanDemere's lawyer. As the game progresses, Avery falls hard for Riley. Suddenly, losing the game might mean losing him, too.

As the competition takes treacherous turns, it becomes clear there can only be one victor. Who can Avery truly trust? And is winning worth her life?

My Review

Why isn't everybody reading this?! Why?! This book is perfect for those of you that like The Amazing Race and the National Treasure movies. Even if you don't like those things you really should read this book! It is fantastic. Here is why...

Reasons Why You Should Read Inherit Midnight

  • There is an abundance of family secrets and drama. Don't you just love secrets? I do.
  • It is full of action from beginning to end.
  • It's fast paced, and sometimes you just need a quick read.
  • There is too much fun in this book and it's exciting!
  • This is a book you will want to read in one sitting.
  • It is unique, cute, and always interesting.
  • It has a wealth of interesting characters.
  • Avery and Riley make a great team!
  • Who wouldn't want to read a book about a crazy competition between family members to see who inherits the family wealth?
  • Basically it's a really really good book.

I don't think you need anymore reasons as to why you should read Inherit Midnight. I'm sure I have convinced you by now. Go read Inherit Midnight. Give it a whirl!

10 comments:

  1. It seems like this one was a very promising read with a lot of things I would like - especially when it comes to the mention of secrets! I hadn't heard of this one before either, so thank you for introducing it to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should give it a try! It was a very unique and fun book! More people should read it. :D

      Delete
  2. Okay I loved National Treasure and that cover!!! You've convinced me. I MUST read this book now ;) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great! I'll definitely have to give it a try! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen this in my library's ebook system. It was taken out that last time I was there, but I'll definitely order it now that I know you loved it! The competition is something only a wealthy person would write in their will. You gave no hints with Avery and Riley which is so mean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe I guess you will just have to read this to find out. ;)

      Delete
  5. I know some people had problems with the believability of this one but I didn't care - not when it was SO MUCH FUN. So glad you read this and loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so very thankful that I ended up reading this. :D I guess I understand that but I also don't because how believable is National Treasure... and I LOVE that movie too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top