June 3, 2015

I Feel Like Gabbing Today - Swoon Reads Edition


 ** Welcome! This is a completely random discussion post feature where I will share with you the very random thoughts that pop into my head and chat with you about them. Many are bookish thoughts and many are not. I feel like I don't have enough discussion type posts on the blog so I am giving this a whirl. Some days I will talk about a specific topic and sometimes I will just throw some random thoughts at you. So please sit back, relax, and take a second to chat with me today.

The Swoon Reads Tour


I was lucky enough to have the Swoon Reads Summer of Swoon Tour (The Authors: Sandy Hall, Temple West, Kimberly Karilus, and Katie Van Ark) make a stop only about 40 minutes away from where I live on May 12! So I obviously had to go. I even switched my work schedule around so I could make it so. I am so glad I did. I dragged my friends from the library who I forced to read A Little Something Different with me. (Please note that they did come willingly because they loved the book I threw at them.) We all had so much fun!

The event was at a nice bookstore (filled with a lot of books and an awesome staff) called The Book Stall. Stacey of the Pageturners blog was the mediator and she did a nice job. There may have been only about 13 people there, but the smaller setting made it less formal, which we ended up really appreciating. I do want to apologize in advance for not taking a lot of pictures. The whole place was super cute looking. I swear.

The Books: I LOVE A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall. It's uniqueness and cuteness made me swoon. Here is my review of that book here. I also LOVE Velvet by Temple West. I am a sucker for vampires and she made a funny and unique vampire story. My review for Velvet is here. I also got to meet Kimberly Karilus of Love Fortunes and Other Disasters and Katie Van Ark of The Boy Next Door. I have a copy of both of these books now and plan to read them soon.

The Books!
So what went down at the event? We created 10 word love stories. We ate cupcakes. We listened to the authors talk about everything from writing, to getting published with Swoon Reads, to their current reads, and more. They had us laughing, smiling, and nodding along in agreement. My friend even won a giveaway of books! The best part... meeting the authors! Every single one of these ladies was brilliant during the discussion panel. They were very down to earth, funny, and very sweet. Getting to talk to Temple West and Sandy Hall one on one was my favorite! 

From Left to Right: Deanna, Sandy Hall!!, Alanna, and Me!

****On June 6th when my blog turns 3 I will be having two giveaways and one will feature a signed ARC of Velvet! So come back to the blog to enter to win!

Have you read these books? What did you think? Did you make it to one of the Swoon Reads tour stops?

13 comments:

  1. This event sounds awesome! I'm so glad you were able to go! How funny...I just bought a copy of Love Fortunes and Other Disasters! It sounded so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not gonna lie... it was pretty awesome! :D The cover of Love Fortunes makes me smile every time I see it. So adorable.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like so much fun! And it must have actually been pretty nice to have such a relaxed, intimate interaction with the authors. You don't get a chance like that too often! Also, cupcakes are always a win. I'm really looking forward to Love Fortunes and Other Disasters so I'll be excited to hear what you think about it. Glad you had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful I was able to go. I agree, you really can't go wrong with cupcakes.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these books, but I would love to read them! I'm happy you had such a wonderful time. I didn't realize how down to earth authors can be until I went to this book event in my area. It's like they are celebrities where they are just like real people lol.
    Your friends are so awesome coming with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Authors are so very cool. I am glad my friends came with because I can be a little shy at times. (especially around authors)

      Delete
  4. What a cool event! I am glad you were avle to have so much fun as well. Something a Little Bit Different is on my TBR because it seems like such a sweet read. And then again, I actually have The Boy Next Door but just haven't begun that one yet. I like these gabbing posts so far ;)

    Check out my review: http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2015/05/enders-game-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Little Something Different is a super unique and cute book. I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete
  5. Do you know I have never been to an author event. They just don't come to the fly over states..LOL. It sounds like you had wonderful time and that the event was well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe that you haven't ever been to one! I just went to my first one last year. Hopefully sometime in the near future you will have one of your favorite authors come your way.

      Delete
  6. OMG HAPPY ALMOST 3 YEAR BLOGOVERSARY! The Swoon Reads Tour came to NJ but it was a little TOO far for me to make it and I'm super bummed - it sounds like it was such a good event - but I will live vicariously through you! You'll have to let me know what you think of Love, Fortunes and Other Disasters, and The Boy Next Door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS!!! It was cute and fun. I was so glad I could actually go to an author event! I will let you know as soon as I read it. Hopefully sooner rather than later. My TBR pile is starting to scare me a little bit at times. lol

      Delete
  7. In In this website there are a lot of information .... thanks yes

    obat nyeri cantengan di kaki

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top