June 30, 2015

TTT #41: Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2015


I am a huge fan of shoving my favorite books at people and this week's awesome topic lets me do just that!  I did end up only doing 10 books even though my heart called for 15. I was trying not to cheat this time around. Without further ado, in no particular order, here are my favorite reads of the year so far!

1. Mosquitoland by David Arnold - Unique and wonderful. A must read for everyone old and young.
2. Things We Know by Heart by Jessi Kirby - Yes.
3. Torn Away by Jennifer Brown - Talk about tragedy, hope, and what it really means to loose everything.
4. The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas - I was worried this sequel wouldn't be as good as the first book. I was worried for no reason.
5. Salt and Stone by Victoria Scott - Why yes, I do love it when people compete in a competition and have to fight to survive, especially if there are adorable animals involved (obviously I don't like the animals getting hurt part, but their adorableness).

6. A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - Sarah J. Maas can do no wrong in my eyes.
7. The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson - Give me more!
8. Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot- I missed Mia and the Princess Diaries gang like crazy. It was worth the wait.
9. The Wrath & The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh - Hands down this is one of the best re-tellings I have ever encountered. Talk about a swoon worthy forbidden romance.
10. El Deafo by CeCe Bell - This may be a graphic novel but that shouldn't keep you away from giving it a try. It was humorous, heartbreaking, and perfect.

What have been some of your favorite reads so far this year?


26 comments:

  1. This is such a great list! I haven't read any of them :) I have added Royal Wedding by Meg Cabot to my must-read lost this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Royal Wedding was wonderful! I hope you enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. I really need to read Mosquitoland and The Burning Sky! Have been meaning to read both for a while but you know... the TBR! It has a mind of its own.
    HOORAY for ACOTAR! I just loved it too. I've fallen in love with Sarah and her books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do! :D The TBR does have a mind of its own! I can't get enough Sarah's books!

      Delete
  3. You make me want to read The Wrath and the Dawn. (Okay, I did already, but hearing that someone likes it so much adds to me wanting to read it.) I totally need to read The Burning Sky, too. I've been wanting to read it ever since I first heard about it. Glad to know you you like it too.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you read The Wrath and The Dawn and LOVE IT like I did. It was so freaking good. I hope you enjoy The Burning Sky as well!

      Delete
  4. I've only read The Wrath and the Dawn, but many of these look good! I'll have to check them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your favorite reads so far this year with us. I look forward to exploring some of the book titles you've listed in your TTT post this week. I have the feeling I'll be adding more book titles this week to my ever growing reading wishlist.

    Here's a link to my TTT for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/06/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-ive-read.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This week's top ten Tuesday made my TBR grow way too big.

      Delete
  6. Nice list! Sadly, I haven't read any of these. Just about all of them are on my TBR list, though, especially MOSQUITOLAND. It looks unique and really, really good.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super unique! I hope you get to read them!

      Delete
  7. I added most of those books to my TBR list right now. Mosquitoland seems like something I'd enjoy, and omg MEG CABOT my childhood <3 Great post!

    - Farah @MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maji! I hope you like them all! :D

      Delete
  8. ERMAGERD You got an ARC of the Heart of Betrayal LUCKY! And The Royal Wedding is on my list too, I need more Princess Diaries Books! I really want to read The Wrath and the Dawn.

    here's my TTT post: http://millionbookmill.blogspot.com/2015/07/top-ten-tuesday-favourite-books-of-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any and all Princess Diaries fans will LOVE Royal Wedding. Get excited!

      Delete
  9. I LOVED ACOTAR!!!!! That was seriously one of my favourite books of the year, but also of all time. Maas has yet to disappoint me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such good taste in books Kay ;) I added El Deafo to my TBR, you and Ash are making me want to read some graphic novels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have such good taste don't I? ;) I think you will like El Deafo! I am enjoying throwing in a graphic novel to read here and there. Now, be cool like me and Ashley and do the same. ;)

      Delete
  11. LOVED mosquitoland! And I finished El Deafo, it was super cute and well done :) Thank you for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked El Deafo and Mosquitoland!! :D

      Delete
  12. First, I gotta say.. I love your color scheme. So cute! I also loved, loved, loved The Wrath and the Dawn. Almost everything else you read and loved is on my TBR... I really have got to make time for A Court of Thorns and Roses. Dying to read that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie! I hope you love A Court of Thorns and Roses. Making time for books on my TBR pile is so hard! Now, everyone should read The Wrath and the Dawn. I'm so glad you loved it too!

      Delete
  13. A great collection here! I actually have The Wrath and The Dawn, Things We Know By Heart and Royal Wedding, but have yet to read them! It does sound like I am in store for some really good books though this year. And I am glad you could like all of these :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I borrowed El Deafo from the library after you recommended it to me -- I think it will be one of my next reads before it is due back!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top