May 5, 2013

Top Bookish News of The Past Week

Here are all of the top bookish stories, blog posts, pictures, and videos I found this past week.  Click away!

ARTICLES

1. The 5th Wave by: Rick Yancey which isn't even released until Tuesday has already been optioned for a movie thanks to Sony. I'm not even sure if I should be excited since I haven't read the book yet.

2. A new Game of Thrones book is set to be released this December. No, it isn't the next book in the series. It is a book filled with Tyrion Lannister quotes. I'm not sure this is needed, but my husband who is a big Tyrion fan is pretty excited. 

3. Have you ever been asked a weird question at your job? I know I have! Check out 10 Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores. These are ridiculous and funny. I need to check out this book! 

BLOG POST

1. Have you ever had library fines and felt embarrassed when you go to pay them? The Broke and the Bookish talk freely about this subject and have generated a lot of fun and interesting responses. I don't have library fines that often but I occasionally rack up ones that are like less than a dollar. I'm not overly embarrassed when I go to pay my fine because really I'm just giving back to the library right? What is your take?


PICTURE
I thought this one that I found on the web was pretty hilarious so I had to share.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this.This is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm never going into the bathroom alone again....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Harry Potter graphic is so awesome! And 10 Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores was so hilarious I just put the book on hold from my library -- I think that is just the kind of light reading I could use these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband found that photo and I laughed so hard. He shows it to me and goes..."Now I understand. You should put this on your blog." lol

      I can't wait to get that weird things customers say book because it sounds hilarious! I need to see if they have it at my library. I can't wait to see what you think of it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top