May 19, 2013

Top Bookish News of The Past Week


Here are all of the top bookish stories, blog posts, pictures, and videos I found this past week. I put this post up every Sunday so come back again next week for more bookish awesomeness. 
Click away!



ARTICLES

I love when my favorite books get made into movies. I don't love it when the movies suck and are nothing like the books. Check out Publisher's Weekly's 10 Biggest Book Adaptation Flops article. I haven't watched very many of these but I can say with certainty that I will never watch John Carter.

BLOG POSTS

Amazon now has a New Adult category for when your searching for books. This is pretty exciting. I don't read a whole lot of New Adult but the few books I have read I have really enjoyed. 

Check out ParaJunkee's entertaining comic The Adventure's of Evil Book Blogger Ep. 1, Hattie Hate.

Do you ever feel like you never have enough time to read? Or maybe you want to find ways to fit in a little more reading time in your life? Check out 8 Ways to Read More Books over at The Sweet Bookshelf. There are some good tips on here.

I'm sure we have all heard about authors acting badly. But Shelver over at Bookshelvers Anonymous takes the time to also talk about some authors that have been very nice. I love discussing good author behavior instead of just the negative stuff, and I have come across a couple of authors that have been nothing but awesome. Heather Topham Wood and Victoria Schwab, to name a few, are some of those awesome authors that treat their fans well. 

PICTURE

I was going through my old likes on pinterest and I came across this. haha
http://www.polyvore.com/this_way_to_ministry_magic/thing?id=66858980

5 comments:

  1. That toilet seat is great! And I almost never like the movie better than the book, so I can totally relate to the flop list...

    And I do wish I had more time to read -- #1 cut down on internet time would help me a LOT, but it's really hard when you're a blogger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really should try cutting down on internet time too, but like you said, being a blogger that makes it extra hard.

      Oh and that toilet seat, I'm trying to get my husband to get it for me. hahaha

      Delete
  2. Seriously audiobooks ARE where it's at! I think half of the books I read are by audiobook. I listen to audiobooks on my drive to/from work, while working out, while walking my dog, while cleaning, folding laundry EVERYTHING hah. It's really like I'm always reading (but then I definitely hit lulls where I'm just like I WANT TO DO NOTHING). And I am glad to see people talking about good author behavior too. As a society in general we tend to focus on the negative more than the positive but I like talking about the positive! I am fortunate that I haven't had any bad interactions with authors and I've had quite a few pleasant ones!

    And I need that toilet seat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should read more audiobooks. I really should keep one in my car for when I'm going to work or running errands. My mom is like you and is all about the audiobooks.

      Oh and that toilet seat needs to be in my bathroom. lol I'm slowly trying to convince my husband that it is a necessity. :)

      Delete
  3. Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
    Folding Toilet Seat

    Keep Posting:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top