Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
I love this week's topic, but it was really freaking hard to come up with ten books that I have read on a whim. I am a very calculated reader. I read most of my books based off of recommendations from friends, family, co-workers, and bloggers. I also usually even look at goodreads before deciding if I want to read a book. I really wish I would read more on a whim. Anyway, here are the books I read without any significant planning. Titles are linked up to my reviews.
1. The River of No Return by Bee Ridgway: One day this beautiful book arrived in the mail from the publisher and I hadn't even heard of it before, but I liked the cover so I started to read it. I freaking loved it.
2. Eat, Brains, Love by Jeff Hart: I didn't know anything about this book before I read it. I won it during Bout of Books and gave it a whirl. It was hilarious and gory.
3. Stay by Allie Larkin: I was browsing the shelves at the library and the cover of this book just screamed at me to take it home and read it. (Just look at that cute puppy!)
4. The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg: I can't remember what brought me to read this book. I think I just read the synopsis and decided to give it a go. I liked it a lot.
5. The Walled City by Ryan Graudin: I don't know a lot of bloggers that have read this book, but it was pretty darn good. I think I just read the synopsis one day and decided to try it.
7. Seriously Wicked by Tina Connolly: I saw the cover so I read it. It was cute.
8. Sunny Side Up by Jennifer Holm: I honestly don't remember why I chose to read this book, but I remember that I was just randomly in the mood to read a graphic novel and I picked this one. It is so very good.
9. Rain Reign by Ann M. Martin: I heard of this book when it first came out in 2014 but didn't know much about it. I picked it up a few months ago and devoured it!
10. Delirium by Lauren Oliver: I read this book before I even started blogging, I just snagged a copy from the library one day and started reading. I now want to own this series in the pretty new paperbacks.