January 5, 2013

2012 End of the Year Book Survey Part 1


I came across this awesome survey hosted over at The Perpetual Page Turner. I was looking for a fun post to do that would kind of wrap up my first year of blogging and this seemed to just hit the spot.

I split up the survey in two parts because it was kind of long and once I started filling it out I realized it may be easier for you to take in all the answers if I wasn't throwing it all in your face in one post.

If I mentioned a book that I reviewed I linked it up to the review on my website in case you want to check it out. 

Thanks for checking out my blog this past year and I hope to have an even better year in 2013!

Best In Books 2012

1. Best Book You Read In 2012? (You can break it down by genre if you want)
I'm not really sure I can chose just one book and I am probably forgetting some to choose from that I read earlier in the year.. so how about my top three?


2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Hidden by: P.C. Cast - This series is becoming more and more redundant. The ending of this book was good but the first half was somewhat torturous to me.
The Kill Order by: James Dashner - This was still a really good book, but I was expecting more.
 3. Most surprising (in a good way!) book of 2012? 
MWF Seeking BFF by: Rachel Bertsche - I saw this book in a magazine and I decided to give it a shot even though it was non-fiction and I don't read a lot of those. It turned out to be a really interesting and comical read.
 4. Book you recommended to people most in 2012?
I still keep telling everyone to read Divergent by: Veronica Roth. It is a must read.
 5. Best series you discovered in 2012?
 6. Favorite new authors you discovered in 2012?
Carl Hiassan - he has been around a long time and I am sad I am just now hopping on that band wagon. 
Diana Gabaldon - I am so glad I finally read Outlander!
7. Best book that was out of your comfort zone or was a new genre for you?
The Casual Vacancy by: J.K. Rowling - This isn't a book I would normally pick up on my own, but I decided to give it a shot since it was by Rowling and I really enjoyed it.
 8. Most thrilling, unputdownable book in 2012?
I read several of those this year, here are my top three.
Mark of Athena by: Rick Riordan
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by: Michelle Hodkin
Insurgent by: Veronica Roth
 9. Book You Read In 2012 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year:
Shadow of Night by: Deborah Harkness - I will read this one and A Discovery of Witches sometime before the next book comes out!zz
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2012?
These are my top three favorite covers of books that I have read this year!









11. Most memorable character in 2012? 
This question is really really hard and I always feel like I'm forgetting some of the books I read!
If I am being completely honest Christian Grey from Fifty Shades. I'm not saying this was a great book or anything, it was decent, but I will say that I will never forget that crazy character!
 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2012?
Thirteen Reasons Why by: Jay Asher - All I can say is that I read this at the beginning of 2012 and it has stayed with me for a very long time.
The Scorpio Races by: Maggie Stiefvater - Beautiful Descriptions

13. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2012? 
 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2012 to finally read? 
The Book Thief by: Markus Zusak - It took me forever to finally read this book but I am glad I finally did.

15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2012? 
I'm choosing this one because it is fresh in my mind (I just finished the book a couple weeks ago) and it still makes me nod in agreement.

"Whenever he couldn't find a book he liked, he'd come lean on the desk. "What should I read?" "How to stop whining " I'd say, or "An Introduction to the Computer Catalogue " but he knew I was kidding. He knew it was my favorite question in the world." - The Borrower by: Rebecca Makkai
 16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2012? 
LongestOutlander by:  Diana Gabaldon with 896 pages.  
Shortest — Monument 14 by: Emmy Laybourne with 294 pages.  
 17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
The ending of Insurgent by: Veronica Roth - WOW!
The ending to Pandemonium in the Delirium series!!! I had a feeling it was coming but I still NEEDED to talk about it.  I was thrilled and at the same time really upset that I have to wait so long for the next one!
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2012 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Clair and James - Outlander by: Diana Gabaldon - This was hands down the best new romantic relationship I read all year. (Matt and Diana from Shadow of Night are awesome as well, but I read about them last year.)
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2012 From An Author You Read Previously
Insurgent by: Veronica Roth - I read Divergent last year and I was eagerly awaiting this one. Now I am eagerly awaiting the next one that comes out this year in 2013!
20. Best Book You Read That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
The Borrower by: Rebecca Makkai - My mom, who usually has completely different tastes in books than me, recommended this and I was not disappointed. 

 

3 comments:

  1. Yay for Jamie & Claire! And boo for having to wait for the 3rd Lauren Oliver book :( The Book Theif, Thirteen Reasons Why & the Deborah Harkness books are some of my must-reads for this year -- I think I've waited too long already (especially considering that I actually do own all of them!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The second Mara Dyer came in at my library and I just picked it up today. same with the second book in the Outlander series! I can't wait to read it. I hope you get around to reading Deborah Harkness, she is a great story writer.

      Delete
  2. I totally agree about The Casual Vacancy. Would have passed it by without another glance had it been written by any other author, but of course reading anything JKR writes. And it was surprisingly good. I also agree that the Divergent series is compulsively readable@

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top