January 6, 2013

2012 End of the Year Book Survey Part 2


I came across this awesome survey hosted over at The Perpetual Page Turner. Here are is the second half to the survey that I posted yesterday!


Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2012

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012? 
I just started blogging in June of 2012 so I have discovered so many wonderful book blogs and I honestly don't think I can chose just one. I do however have a  list of some of the ones I enjoy most on the homepage of my blog on the left!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012? 
Review: Carnival of Souls by: Melissa Marr - For some reason I had a blast writing this one and I really thinked it turned out nice.
A Pile of Mini Book Reviews - I really enjoyed writing this post and it was a fun and easy way to catch up on my reviews!
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
Sadly I didn't have that many discussions in general on my blog since I was new to the blogging world. On the other hand I have had a great time talking about the three different Top Ten Tuesday posts I have put on my blog, especially Top Ten Favorite New To Me Authors. It is always interesting to see what other people have to say about my list and if they have read the books before.
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
I actually had some pretty good discussions with A over at Between My Lines. She writes a lot of posts about her writing process and other odds and ends. She has some really interesting blog posts.
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I enjoyed participating in several memes this year but Top Ten Tuesday over at The Broke and The Bookish has to be my favorite. 
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012?
I was going to say my first blog post ever when I was just getting started, but I changed my mind. This year my best moment was when I finally started to get some followers on my blog and really started to get into it and post more in December 2012.

7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
A Variety of Books to Give as Christmas Gifts - This post had the most page views and I had a lot of fun writing it as well!
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
I really enjoyed writing my post titled My Love/Hate Relationship with my E-Reader - It however received no comments and only a handful of views. I really wanted to hear some feedback on this topic from other bloggers, but it was also an earlier post when I didn't have any followers and I was newer to this blogging community.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
The Book Blogging Community in general. When I realized how many other people there are out there that are book nerds like me I got super excited!
10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I didn't really have any goals because I started blogging in June 2012 and it was a little hectic for awhile since I got married in September 2012. However, I did sign up for 2 challenges for 2013. You can check them out HERE.

Looking Ahead…

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
There are so many of these. However, I swear I want to finally read Ready Player One by: Ernest Cline.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
This question is way too hard and I have tried to make a list once already. Here is my blog post about this HERE.
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
I have loved my first year of blogging and I appreciate it more and more every day. I love the book blogging community and I love all of the great reading ideas I find on everyone's blogs.

I hope this year that I can get a few more followers and just continue to try to establish my blog. I have some interesting blog posts that I have been working on that I can't wait to share!

Thank you to all of my followers and all of the other bloggers out there who have been a great inspiration to me.

4 comments:

  1. I just saw you put me on your blog list - thanks so much! I've actually got you on mine too. Love reading your posts & very glad I've found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I am really glad you like my posts!

      I really enjoy your thoughtful and insightful comments and couldn't resist putting your blog on my list! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, Kay. I love your post. I like the questions and answers. Think I should also do something like this on my blog.

    I found your blog on goodreads and I'm following now. Please check out my blog @ http://theartistcreativeforum.blogspot.com/

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! I had a lot of fun doing this survey. I will check out your blog asap!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top