January 9, 2013

Library Loot #5

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries.

MY LIBRARY LOOT

Every Day by: David Levithan



I have heard so many great things about this book. It just so happened that my library finally had a copy in. I snagged it as soon as I got the chance.





The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by: Junot Diaz



This book as been on my TBR pile for a long time. I finally picked up a copy. This book is on my 2013 TBR Challenge List.





The Evolution of Mara Dyer by: Michelle Hodkin



I just finished the first book in this series last week. I can't wait to crack this one open. I am so glad it came in super fast at the library.






A Kiss in Time by: Alex Flinn



Last time I was at the library I got a couple of books by this author but I never got around to reading them. For some reason they just didn't sound good enough to pick up, but this one sounded so good that I had to give it a shot. Hopefully I will read it.




Dragonfly in Amber by: Diana Gabaldon



I read Outlander a couple of months ago and I fell in love with Jamie and Claire. Hopefully the second one will be just as good, the synopsis makes me weary.






6 comments:

  1. Oscar Wao is so good- I've become quite the Junot Diaz fan girl since going to one of his readings. He is definitely a character himself. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read a collection of his short stories Drown for a college English class and I really enjoyed. This would be the first novel of his that I have read! That is awesome that you got to go to one of his readings!

      Delete
  2. You seriously need to consider making Every Day your top priority reading because it is LIFECHANGING. David's story is so beautiful, the characters incredibly engaging and his prose whimsical. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone keeps telling me how amazing it is and I can't wait to read it. I guess I will just have to read it next, after finishing The Evolution of Mara Dyer.

      Delete
  3. Sounds as though you have some great books here. Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blog title!

    Thank you for stopping by and following! I returned the favor. :)

    Heather @ Owlnestly Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top