January 29, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday #4: Top Ten Most Frustrating Characters Ever


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. 
This topic rocks! I read so much and I am sure I am missing some characters, but here it goes in no particular order of some characters that I wish never existed (harsh I know, but I do want to point out that I love some of these characters even if they are frustrating)...


  1. Zoey - The House of Night Series: She can be too drama filled and whiny for my taste. She needs to grow up. Also, the crazy love triangles are too much.
  2. Dolores Umbridge - Harry Potter Series - I'm not sure I need to go into detail here. She makes me so mad and gives me the creeps. I hate her.
  3. Peeta - The Hunger Games - I'm just not a fan of Petta, especially in book one. He is annoying... and not Gale.
  4. Luce - The Fallen Series - Her not knowing her true identity, her automatic love for Daniel, and these books taking forever to explain Luce and Daniel's relationship makes her one of my least favorite characters. Also, did she really not know who Bill was? Come on!
  5. Jacob - Twilight Saga - This childish character drives me insane.
  6. Scarlett 'O' Hara - Gone With the Wind - I couldn't leave her off this list.
  7. Mr. Dimmesdale - The Scarlet Letter - No thanks! He is sad.
  8. Anastasia - 50 Shades of Grey - It was hard for me to chose between her and Grey, both are painfully frustrating.
  9. The Greek Gods - Percy Jackson Series - They just don't listen to their demigod children! On the other hand, they are pretty cool. 
  10. People that don't believe Mara Dyer - It really is frustrating when she keeps getting punished for things that she shouldn't be punished for. (I don't count her older brother in this list because he rocks.)
What characters frustrate you?


16 comments:

  1. I think these are all great choices (exept Peeta, I really like him), Kay! I'm also going to have to add Bella Swan and Sookie Stackhouse to my list. I really can't stand women who incessantly rely on dramatics and men for their own happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those kind of women can be incredibly frustrating! Thanks for checking out my top ten!

      Delete
  2. Awesome choices, especially Luce and the Greek gods. :D But you don't like Peeta?! *sniffle*

    My TTT: http://dragongirl28.blogspot.com/2013/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-most.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was running out of ideas when I was looking over on my bookshelf and saw The Percy Jackson series...and then BAM, I realized that those Greek Gods could be so frustrating, I had to add them to my list!

      Delete
  3. I couldn't agree with #10 more -- I know it happens a lot that a character is treated unfairly because of some issue that's not immediately clear, but this was to the extreme and HIGHLY frustrating.

    And I HATE Dolores Umbridge so much, she definitely deserves a spot on this list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes...when I was making this list I needed one more...then it came to me and I had to add the characters from Mara Dyer!

      I thought of Dolores Umbridge right away! HATE I don't think is even a strong enough word for that lady.

      Delete
  4. I didn't even think of Dolores, but I should have. Scarlett topped my list.

    I agree with you on Peyta, but then again Gale annoyed me too. I don't know who I liked better. They both bugged me. Great list and thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never had such a large amount of hatred for a fiction character as I do for Dolores. Thanks for checking out my list. I will visit yours!

      Delete
  5. Greek gods! Yes. I totally agree. And I love that you included Mr. Dimmesdale. That's one I hadn't thought of.

    Deidra @ Simply Books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the Scarlet Letter and he was just...sad.

      Delete
  6. OMG!!! LOL!!! I.LOVE.NUMBER.TEN. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had to include it since my recent step into the awesomeness that is Mara Dyer.

      Delete
  7. Definitely Mr. Dimmesdale -- although I'd considered including Hester Prynne! :)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see including Hester as well! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Peeta is on my list too, but I forgot about Jacob and Anastacia, they definitely deserve a place on this list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh, Umbridge. I seriously hated her more than Voldemort. And Jacob really bothered me, too. I still need to read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. Hopefully I'll get to it soon! Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top