Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Give me LESS of these types of romances in my books
1. Insta-Love - I am over it. I am more partial to a slower building romance or friendship. Not just, "I saw you and you were pretty and I said hi and then I knew I loved you. The end."
2. Love Triangles - Unless it is expertly well done, and I don't feel like the author is just using it because they can, and if it actually MAKES SENSE then I think they are okay. BUT for the most part I'm not a fan.
3. Characters Not Sharing Their Feelings - I know every relationship has its ups and downs, but when characters just refuse to actually talk about something and then it leads to a horrible miss-communication,a break-up, or worse, drives me insane!
4. A Dark Past - I like romances to be complicated and such but a lot of the time I just want one (particularly New Adult books) that doesn't have such damaged characters. I think overall I just prefer romantic comedies, a romance that offers a lot of cuteness and a lot of laughs.
Give me MORE of these types of romances in my books
1. Hate to Love -A book that has two people that annoy the crap out of each other or happen to be sworn enemies, but they end up falling in love anyway in the end... sold.
2. Best Friends to Love - Who doesn't love a romance where the characters discover the deeper feelings they have for their best friend?
3. Kissing - I am not asking for full blown sex scenes, but some steamy kissing... I can't get enough of that. It is also very frustrating when it takes so freaking long for a couple to kiss even though they already admit they like each other, that is just ridiculous. I like to shout at them "Let's get a move on folks and kiss already."
4. More Uniqueness- I'll take just about anything that is out of the norm.
How do you like your romances in your books?