February 13, 2013

Library Loot #7

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries.


My Library Loot

  • I wanted a good romance to read for Valentine's day. Sadly, it wasn't really that great.
  • I've been waiting a while to get my hands on this one. I just started it and so far so good. It reminds me a lot of the movie Twister. 
  • I saw a review of this book on one of the blogs I follow and I had to give it a chance.
  • This one reminded me a little of Final Destination.
  • Who wouldn't want to read a book that has a crumbling city and the line "Compliance is mandatory." on the cover.
  • I also read a review of this book on a blog. I was intrigued. 


I'm hoping to read all of these. I still have a couple I haven't read from the last time I went to the library. I also have a hand full of ARCs I need to read and a couple of books for upcoming tours. Wish me luck!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like you'll be busy! I just started playing around with NetGalley and I almost wish I didn't. So many great books, but not enough time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NetGalley is addicting. I have received four books from them and so far I have only reviewed one. It gets a little stressful. Who knows how many of these library books I will get to read.

      Delete
    2. I avoided it before now because I didn't have any device to read on, but the hubby just got an ipad for work that I can use sometimes. I still like print books better, but the lure of new books is strong! I don't want to post reviews too far ahead of time, so I'll see how it works out for me. I had no idea that I would get approved so quickly and honestly, I thought more of my requests would get declined, so now I have quite a few to read!

      Delete
    3. Print books are still the best, but it's so hard with all those new books tempting you! :) Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. You've got some great looking books there. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read mixed reviews on Article 5, so I've been on the fence about reading it myself. I hope you enjoy it, though, as well as the rest of your library books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really hope I get to them all this time. Two down so far.

      Delete
  4. I have slated too! I am looking forward to starting this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that is such a great idea!! I've done Stacking the Shelves and In My Mailbox but I always feel weird putting in library books or books I borrow. I think I'll have to try this one out next because I'm aiming for more library books (it hits the wallet less lol). Thanks for stopping by my blog. It looks like I'm an old follower of yours :) I'd love to chat about Percy Jackson anytime. I'm on book #2 and loving it (I had heard that it was slower than the first one but I'm finding it just as good. I love George and Martha lol). happy reading!!

    Megan @ Megz Madd Readz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to mostly just borrow from the library now because who doesn't love free books? lol

      Enjoy the Percy Jackson series! The second spin off series is really good too! That one is called the Heroes of Olympus.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Copyright © 2015 It's a Book Life All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top